Refurbs finishing early?

BostonianEB

Original Poster
We are going for our first trip on 5/14 and were looking forward to riding Big Thunder mountain railroad. Its the only coaster my son can go on. Is there any chance that the refurb might be finished early? Or do they always stick to the scheduled dates? (which is 5/27 in this case.)

disneygirl1

I would doubt it. There has been a few rare occurance where rides that were closed had "soft" openings the week or so before the intended opening. We are bummed too about BTMRR being closes as well. We arrive next Friday. What's a trip to Disney without being about to ride the "wildest ride in the Wilderness?" :shrug:

Polydweller

Do not count on it. They pretty much open on schedule. Any soft opening will not be announced except by guests on their smartphones. You'll have to be walking by to see it running. And then during soft openings it's been known for people to stand in line for 20 minutes only to have the ride go down and have to leave without getting on.

Best plan is probably to go with low expectations and just check to see if you are lucky to get a soft opening.

NYwdwfan

We are going for our first trip on 5/14 and were looking forward to riding Big Thunder mountain railroad. Its the only coaster my son can go on. Is there any chance that the refurb might be finished early? Or do they always stick to the scheduled dates? (which is 5/27 in this case.)

Not too thrilling of a coaster but the Barnstormer will also be open. Hopefully you'll luck out with BTMRR! Have a great trip!!

Grumps

Maybe a soft opening, but I wouldn't count on it. :(

We usually go in May and were targeting that week, but had some issues that pushed our vacation back a bit. May is my favorite time to go though. If the ride is still down, look at the bright side, it's a reason to schedule another trip.

BostonianEB

Original Poster
Thank you. We are very excited and I forgot about the barnstormer. He should love that one. I honestly cant wait for Expedition Everest. That ride looks amazing but my wife and I will have to ride separately :)

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
It's def not looking likely, in fact there is a bigger chance that it will be later than the projected reopening date :brick:

SMS55

It's def not looking likely, in fact there is a bigger chance that it will be later than the projected reopening date :brick:

Pretty common with remodeling jobs. As you start tearing away the out layer you begin to find interior and structural damage that you have to attend to.

Polydweller

What exactly are they doing to BTMRR? is it just a refurb or are they changing something?

As pp said, sounds like a major refurb. Some of the things that have been commented and pictures appear to confirm are replacement of some of the track, repainting and refurb rock formations and other scenery, and a redo of the queue possibly including air conditioning.

Annielkd

Thank you. We are very excited and I forgot about the barnstormer. He should love that one. I honestly cant wait for Expedition Everest. That ride looks amazing but my wife and I will have to ride separately :)

Don't forget you can do a kid swap... although you will ride alone, it should not be as long of a wait. You might want to try spalsh mountain. That one is very kid friendly too. My son went on at 4.

No chance

i was just there and looking from train stop overlooking splash, i can tell you 100 percent it is not gonna be ready on time and it will late like after kids get outta school, and because of refurb dumbo and barn stormer they are draggin there heals a bit:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom