Refunds or cancellations of Disney World Annual Passes

manmythlegend

I haven't read this whole thread but the people who were defending Disney continuing to bill people while the parks are closed is absolutely mind boggling to me. I swear there is always a group of humans who just like seeing other humans get screwed in some fashion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I haven't read this whole thread but the people who were defending Disney continuing to bill people while the parks are closed is absolutely mind boggling to me. I swear there is always a group of humans who just like seeing other humans get screwed in some fashion.

Welcome to this WDW fan site. You sound like a big fan of Disney. Happy to have another Disney fan around!

manmythlegend

Well, I guess I'm one of those people - this is not a monthly plan like Netflix where I pay for a monthly service. They bought a one-time purchase and instead of paying for it at once (like I and many others did), they chose to spread those payments interest free over a year (thanks to Disney's generosity). Their payment is in place (or at least was) regardless of whether the park is open or not. They will get the full value of their purchase as they will get 365 days of admission. I'm not sure how this "screws" them.

You're thinking too simplistically about this. If on January 1, I buy a 12 month pass with plans to travel to Disney World in March, May, and August, I expect to be able to use my pass during those specific times according to my preference. My preference is my preference and I don't have to justify it to anyone. Now, as it so happens, corona has ruined all March trips and most certainly May trips. August remains to be seen.

So, in my example above, please explain to me why the heck I should have to pay for the months of March and May when I didn't get what I purchased?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not getting that vibe...and I don’t defend Disney for much of anything...

Some fools take it too far to be brave on the Internet...as always...but those are the outliers.

Besides...everyone got what they wanted AND MORE.
Well, I guess I'm one of those people - this is not a monthly plan like Netflix where I pay for a monthly service. They bought a one-time purchase and instead of paying for it at once (like I and many others did), they chose to spread those payments interest free over a year (thanks to Disney's generosity). Their payment is in place (or at least was) regardless of whether the park is open or not. They will get the full value of their purchase as they will get 365 days of admission. I'm not sure how this "screws" them.
Yeah...it’s a pretty straight forward arrangement, not “abusive”...

And i’ll Stand with those that say that if you can’t swing a monthly payment for an amusement park pass...😳....then you need to re-evaluate your priorities. Rainy day fund or something.

A Noble Fish

I’m not getting that vibe...and I don’t defend Disney for much of anything...

Some fools take it too far to be brave on the Internet...as always...but those are the outliers.

Besides...everyone got what they wanted AND MORE.

Yeah...it’s a pretty straight forward arrangement, not “abusive”...

And i’ll Stand with those that say that if you can’t swing a monthly payment for an amusement park pass...😳....then you need to re-evaluate your priorities. Rainy day fund or something.
Completely agree. I certainly don't kiss up to Disney, or any large conglomerate for that matter, but the demands from some people on here seem to be motivated by self-interest rather than understanding the big picture here.

As you said, this isn't a monthly payment like Netflix, or in their case Disney+. It's cool to see Disney being flexible with it, but it shouldn't be a given like Cast Member service you might get at the parks.

Maybe they should just keep the parks open and let anyone who still thinks this is a flu use their AP;)

The Mom

Premium Member
Did I misread the latest update, or hasn't Disney given people the option of walking away from monthly payments? People were complaining, and arguing about poor customer service because Disney was not doing this, or why they shouldn't have to be doing this.

Why is the argument still continuing? They're doing it now, whether you agree or not is beside the point. So, please stop arguing about it. Thank you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I’m really stunned on the opt out. They should just suspend the payments and then go from their while they’re closed...

The implications of allowing “walk away” is a bad sign to me...I hope I’m wrong.
I think they are trying to be very flexible and give people every possible option. It is the type of customer service that I would expect from Disney.

mikeymouse

I kinda feel bad if I opt for a refund, they are already losing so much money as it is. But then I kinda don't feel so bad since I've put so much money into the parks over the years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I kinda feel bad if I opt for a refund, they are already losing so much money as it is. But then I kinda don't feel so bad since I've put so much money into the parks over the years.
...i would resist the urge to “feel bad”...do what’s right for you.

I could go over the history of price increases AND limitations on those passes in just the last 10-15 years well above normal appreciation...but that seems obvious 😎

ThatMouse

USA Today, Orlando Sentinel and many other sources have covered this story. Google the 'News' section for more details :happy:

My point is that Disney should be telling me, the passholder first. I'm the customer, not USA Today. I just got the general flyer email today from disneydestination, so 3 days after the fact. Nothing about my upcoming reservations. My finger is on the crenelation button and Disney doesn't care. They got our passholder money. What's screwy here is Disney could open, but it still not be crazy safe for me to go being that I'm on the higher risk side if I get the virus. It's hard to avoid bottlenecks of crowds at Disney even if you skip most of the attractions.

donsullivan

Premium Member
My point is that Disney should be telling me, the passholder first. I'm the customer, not USA Today. I just got the general flyer email today from disneydestination, so 3 days after the fact. Nothing about my upcoming reservations. My finger is on the crenelation button and Disney doesn't care. They got our passholder money. What's screwy here is Disney could open, but it still not be crazy safe for me to go being that I'm on the higher risk side if I get the virus. It's hard to avoid bottlenecks of crowds at Disney even if you skip most of the attractions.

I'm sorry but this is completely out of touch with the reality and scale of what's happening to companies such as Disney right now. They are dealing with the issues of furloughing tens of thousands of their coworkers, temporarily reducing the salaries of countless others, have virtually zero revenue coming in the doors right now and you're whining that you didn't get a personal email the moment they made the decision on Passholders? That is absolutely the height of the entitlement culture.

You've already acknowledged that you knew about it a few days ago when they made the public statement so whining that it took a business day or two to get an email written, verified to ensure accuracy to the announcement and getting it distributed is just ridiculous. This is a poster child example of the entitlement culture run crazy.

Last edited:

peter11435

They posted the information on their website days ago. They didn’t tell USA Today, they made a public announcement and updated their websites. Other sources found the information from where disney posted it. You just weren’t looking. They didn’t immediately email everyone because they can not handle the sudden influx in calls. They are handling things the best they can. There’s nothing “screwy” about your situation, Disney has given you an out.

raymusiccity

Agreed. Disney should go back to the old days of charging for 'admission', plus a certain amount of tickets for designated attractions. Charge an appropriate amount for Rise of the Resistance, and let people see Muppets 3-D all day long for free ! :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
My finger is on the crenelation button and Disney doesn't care.
That's because they already have all the crenelation they need.
1586205942481.png

Seriously, what are you talking about that autocorrect fixes "cancellation" to "crenelation"?

sixbagelboy

Not certain if this has been asked, but my AP expired on April 08. I am on the monthly plan. If I renew, will I immediately have to pay the monthly amount? If I wait to renew until the parks open, will I lose my renewal discount if more than 30 days pass?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom