Refunds or cancellations of Disney World Annual Passes

techgeek

Last Disney said they were going to release more info in early July about cancelling/refunds. I assume the info still hasn’t been released yet?

The lack of communication to Passholders is inexcusable. I got an email about the parks closing the week after they closed. I never got an email about the suspension of payments, or about the option to extend. The email link for the preview days showed up hours after they were filled. I did get an email about the ‘coming soon’ option to cancel, but I’m not holding my breath it will actually happen. If I didn’t engage in forums like this one, I’d never know what was going on.

I buy a pair of shorts from Old Navy and I get daily email updates from them for the rest of my life. How is it that hard??

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I just submitted my request for a partial refund on my paid-in-full pass over the phone. They said it's been pushed thru but really couldn't provide any information, the amount of the refund, when I should expect it or anything. Prepared to be disappointed but I couldn't see myself going for the rest of the year at least.
So far? There is no in-the-field data to indicate that anyone with a fully paid AP has gotten anything, in terms of a partial refund.
I fear that this will be another case of "When all is said and done, A Hell of a lot more gets said, than done". :(.

Now - I would LOVE to be proved wrong. Anyone gotten even a nickle?

VaderTron

So far? There is no in-the-field data to indicate that anyone with a fully paid AP has gotten anything, in terms of a partial refund.
I fear that this will be another case of "When all is said and done, A Hell of a lot more gets said, than done". :(.

Now - I would LOVE to be proved wrong. Anyone gotten even a nickle?

I disputed the charges with my credit card. I disputed the main charge and one monthly charge. For the cost of the monthly charge my credit card company gave me an automatic, permanent credit. The main charge is still pending their investigation. So...I got something from my CREDIT CARD COMPANY, but not Disney.

Mr Mindcrime

Our (paid in full up front) AP's for our family of four expired May 22. We called Disney as soon as they announced their cancellation policy and requested a refund, knowing that we wouldn't go back until the dust settles and we get back to something close to the past normal.

I received an email from Disney today stating that our refund was on the way and could expect it in 7-10 business days. I checked my credit card account just for giggles....and the refund was there early this afternoon! The amount was exactly what I had calculated.

mgf

Our (paid in full up front) AP's for our family of four expired May 22. We called Disney as soon as they announced their cancellation policy and requested a refund, knowing that we wouldn't go back until the dust settles and we get back to something close to the past normal.

I received an email from Disney today stating that our refund was on the way and could expect it in 7-10 business days. I checked my credit card account just for giggles....and the refund was there early this afternoon! The amount was exactly what I had calculated.

Is this accurate based on your figures and refund amount?

((Price of AP+Taxes)/365) * (365 - [Number of days from first use to March 15])

Hcalvert

I would think it would be ((Price of AP+Taxes)/365) * [Number of days from closure to expiration date or reopening date])
If that is the formula, then mine would be (1272.78/365)*(115)=$401.01

But I could be wrong. I had to request Disney gift cards for the refund as I paid originally in gift card and Disney reward dollars and upgraded a 6 day hopper to the AP.

Last edited:

wagnerdanp

Has anyone received an answer on when a passholder would need to request the refund by? Ie before the parks open tomorrow or for the first day that regular guests can attend? I think I want to get the refund but want to keep my options open.

Mr Mindcrime

I calculated as the total cost ($3,808) / 365 for daily rate ($10.43 per day), then multiplied that times the number of days (68) from March 15 to May 22. The refund was $709. It was refunded to my original credit card in four equal transactions (4 AP's)

Hcalvert

I calculated as the total cost ($3,808) / 365 for daily rate ($10.43 per day), then multiplied that times the number of days (68) from March 15 to May 22. The refund was $709. It was refunded to my original credit card in four equal transactions (4 AP's)
YAY! I was right. I should be getting about $1200 back for my family's 3 APs then.

wiredforflight

I received the attached email (screen shot) yesterday about my request for refund.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.27.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.27.06 PM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 162

neoshinok

Their lack of communication and self contradiction is infuriating.

I called last week and while they said my request had been submitted, I haven't received any email follow up or refund.

I called today for my girlfriend to request her refund and was told they'll be sending emails soon regarding refunds and couldn't do anything currently. Despite the fact that their own website reads:

"Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277"

So I'm being instructed to call only to be told not to call? And I assume when this email is sent, it will instruct me to call again.

What an absolute joke of customer service.

PBJelly

Their lack of communication and self contradiction is infuriating.

I called last week and while they said my request had been submitted, I haven't received any email follow up or refund.

I called today for my girlfriend to request her refund and was told they'll be sending emails soon regarding refunds and couldn't do anything currently. Despite the fact that their own website reads:

"Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277"

So I'm being instructed to call only to be told not to call? And I assume when this email is sent, it will instruct me to call again.

What an absolute joke of customer service.
To be fair, this probably is the first time they've done mass refunds where they usually just take orders, money etc.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Just got the email saying you can cancel your annual passes starting now through August 11th. You can call the passholder line or there is a link for your passes in the email.
Suggesting that others TRY to call that phone number :).

Have a speaker phone, and bring up Solitaire on your Computer to pass the time :(.

donsullivan

Premium Member
My current Monthly Payment AP was just extended out from 8/10 to 9/9 expiration date.

I need to give it a little time to see if they fix my Renewal since it is still showing the old 8/10 expiration date which would make it only usable for 11 months. I need to be sure I'm not getting double-charged because right now I have two overlapping Platinum Pass from 8/10 to 9/9.

Ariel_x33

I got through to the VIPassholder line on Monday. Last time I called they said refunds would be processed by July 11 and my fiance who bought his AP and paid in full had not received anything. They said they were just getting everyone back in the office and we're super behind and we should see all refunds processed by the end of July.

However, a friend of mine who also called was told refunds should process by the end of September and extensions by the end of October.

So there is that lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom