News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Dr.GrantSeeker

From the video:

"It has such a power that you would never expect out of a theme park show or experience."

Nice way to denigrate theme parks, Disney.

Haven't Disney theme parks strived for depth and meaning since "here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future"? Not to mention, you know, EPCOT Center?
I'll have what the imagineers in the video are drinking.

At least for me, and I'd even be willing to bet that most people who watched RoE felt the "power that you would never expect out of a theme park show or experience" during Illuminations.

But I'm a tourist, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
From the video:

"It has such a power that you would never expect out of a theme park show or experience."

Nice way to denigrate theme parks, Disney.

Haven't Disney theme parks strived for depth and meaning since "here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future"? Not to mention, you know, EPCOT Center?

It’s a lot of bluster from people who don’t have a clue what EPCOT Center was about. All the lines were likely written and/or approved by PR people, who also don’t have a clue what EPCOT Center was about. Most likely were born after the 94 “makeover”.

After watching that video, I’m not exactly expecting much “story” and a lot of movie IP tie-ins, but it’s not as though my expectations were high to begin with. Basically, HEA 2.0. The bar is set very low these days, so low one could trip on it, and sometimes TDO struggles to even reach that.

Captain Barbossa

At the end of the day, Harm will be a huge success among millennials, which seems to be Disney’s target audience these days. It’ll be bright enough, loud enough, tacky enough, contain enough Coco, Frozen, and Moana, and short enough to satisfy their attention span.

As long as guests are going “Wow! Bright! Noise! Color! (Enter latest popular IP here)! Loud! Disney! Sounds! Instagram! Sparkle! Bang! (Enter latest popular IP here)! Magic! Shiny! Disney! Wow! Instagram! Wow! Disney!” within the first 1 1/2 - 2mins of the show, it will be a success.

The bar is lower than low.

michmousefan

I'll have what the imagineers in the video are drinking.

At least for me, and I'd even be willing to bet that most people who watched RoE felt the "power that you would never expect out of a theme park show or experience" during Illuminations.

But I'm a tourist, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
Personally, sure, I'm looking forward to the new show, but I always come back to the fact that there will (likely) never be another Illuminations/ROE. And that's fine. One of the Disney nighttime spectaculars has to be the best of all time, the GOAT, whatever... and for those of us, that is/was/will be ROE.

So... very tempered expectations; I genuinely hope Harm has its own share of earned emotion and spectacle.

I'm mostly worried that once word gets out that the best viewing spot is directly in front of the Showcase Plaza area, folks are going to try to plunk down their chairs and what not at 4-5pm to secure a good viewing spot. That goes back to the well thought-out design on ROE: it was great from just about anywhere on the promenade; and there wasn't as much elbowing to find a good spot to watch the show. That new central ring really should be rotating.

Maybe my worries will be eclipsed once the actual show debuts. We'll have to see.

cookiee_munster

humongoUS.jpg

less is more?

At the end of the day, Harm will be a huge success among millennials, which seems to be Disney’s target audience these days. It’ll be bright enough, loud enough, tacky enough, contain enough Coco, Frozen, and Moana, and short enough to satisfy their attention span.

As long as guests are going “Wow! Bright! Noise! Color! (Enter latest popular IP here)! Loud! Disney! Sounds! Instagram! Sparkle! Bang! (Enter latest popular IP here)! Magic! Shiny! Disney! Wow! Instagram! Wow! Disney!” within the first 1 1/2 - 2mins of the show, it will be a success.

I think you got the wrong generation of people. Outside of that, I agree.

Nope, I meant millennials. Not much of a difference between them and children under 10.
That is hilarious! There is a noticeable gap in age here considering that millennials are born between 1981 to about 1996/7ish. At least I can speak for myself as a millennial by saying that I hope the new show is great and if I could have things my way, it would be without IPs. But I digress, and totally okay with learning to agree to disagree.

The Empress Lilly

I have mixed up Millenials and Generation Z.

Millennials grew up (if we generously apply that term...) on Mermaid, BatB, Lion King. They have kids and a house and Apple products. Some going on forty, born as they are between 1981 and 1996.

Gen Z grew up on Frozen and populate TikTok, and have a brain hardwired by flash content to a maximum six second attention span. They are dumb beyond measure but then manage to make six figure sums from publicly displaying their stupidity. Born from 1996.

It's not all bad. One can equally well argue that I'm slow and need more than six seconds to understand anything because that's how impulses worked during my formative years. 🤓

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom