News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Thelazer

Ahh the possibilities of what could have been in a ROE remake. Instead we get a flat water screen and moving arms…. Big wow moment there 🙄

As I've OFTEN said, the globe could have been easily rebuilt using a newer much more high res (and lightweight) led panel and it could have wrapped the whole globe.. the "mapping" to knock out the contents etc, could be all done thru playback.

Just that one simple change would have been enough for them to keep that show going another 10 years at least.
MAYBE that and take the existing barges and plop some new fountains on them.. that's all it needed.

TTA94

As I've OFTEN said, the globe could have been easily rebuilt using a newer much more high res (and lightweight) led panel and it could have wrapped the whole globe.. the "mapping" to knock out the contents etc, could be all done thru playback.

Just that one simple change would have been enough for them to keep that show going another 10 years at least.
MAYBE that and take the existing barges and plop some new fountains on them.. that's all it needed.

Exactly!

brettf22

Premium Member
So the hardware needed replace already? After a few run throughs and 2, maybe 3 months sitting out in the lagoon? This doesn’t bode well.
If this is replacing some failed equipment (and seemingly a very minimal amount of equipment, given the size of this installation), it would not be that abnormal. Failures in electronics tend to show up at the very beginning and the very end of their expected life cycle. The biggest difference here is that the testing and replacement is out for all the world to see, instead of hidden away inside a show building.

Vinnie Mac

I’m think we discussed this awhile back but isn’t the plan for Harm to have less fireworks than RoE?
I know this is an old message but it was interesting seeing this because when I first saw the testing, I thought to myself "this has way more pyro than Illuminations and EF" lol.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah I was outside the stadium but didn't see the drones, just saw the fireworks. Maybe they were behind me or behind a building or something.
It was difficult to tell. The athletes seemed to be looking upwards at it, but most of the footage of it came from a camera outside of the stadium.

brettf22

Premium Member
Yeah I was outside the stadium but didn't see the drones, just saw the fireworks. Maybe they were behind me or behind a building or something.

It was difficult to tell. The athletes seemed to be looking upwards at it, but most of the footage of it came from a camera outside of the stadium.

It seemed offset from the stadium.
Is it possible the drones were recorded earlier? I know these drone displays can have weather related restrictions. I thought I saw some rain drops during some of the performer close ups, so they might have recorded earlier for playback.

nickys

Premium Member
Is it possible the drones were recorded earlier? I know these drone displays can have weather related restrictions. I thought I saw some rain drops during some of the performer close ups, so they might have recorded earlier for playback.
It was definitely live. Either that or they fooled everyone and used a holographic image. This report includes a tweet showing it above the stadium, for example.

CaptinEO

I'm sorry if this has been answered already. Just saw these things in person for the first time today in Epcot. Do they go to another location or under water once the new show is done with construction? They are so huge, as tall as some buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom