News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

trainplane3

It's funny because IMO they already figured it out. The Fantasmic screens work so well! Yes they can be susceptible to wind gust but overall they have worked as intended.
True but those are much smaller and lower to the ground. The central screen shoots water straight down across a large area. Watching it testing yesterday showed me just how little of a breeze you need to have the water go everywhere.

Also, going from a globe to a flat surface is, imo, a downgrade. There are those 4 barges around it but it does seem like a step back.

TTA94

I didn’t know the outer portion of the ring had fountain heads to? I know it does show on the daytime concept art but I assumed it was going to be small sprayers or something, not potentially moving fountains?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not enough to make the barges movable lol. Hopefully the price tag shows in the actual show at least. Aside from it being a tour de force, Looking past the IP, I hope the soundtrack is done well and impressive.
Lost my enthusiasm a while ago. And it keeps getting worse. We’ve been WDW regulars for 14 years now. Each Epcot day was finished with with a lovely evening and RoE.

Now we’ll find somewhere else to go. And that hurts.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Lost my enthusiasm a while ago. And it keeps getting worse. We’ve been WDW regulars for 14 years now. Each Epcot day was finished with with a lovely evening and RoE.

Honestly after this trip it's obvious Epcots in a crap spot. Entrance is incredibly beautiful. Clean, sleek, open, pretty to look at. The rest of the park is a mess. WS sucks with the booths everywhere and (I know temporarily) lacking international cast makes it feel like a cheap carnival.

Parents were asking about the barges and the various functions and what-not Wednesday morning by the new Italy booth. Some area managers got to hear me tear into the entire project.

"I come to the parks because they're unique. Now they're just turning into really crap copy-paste versions of MK. Imagine spending the cash to have a nice meal while staring at giant TV screens. This sucks. Why should I spend a premium to experience that when I can go up the street to Universal and enjoy a place that's trying to be interesting?"

Or something like that.

Those managers walked away pretty quickly after that.

It's thanks to covid that it shows how much the parks rely on entertainment and cast. Without those, the parks literally lose all the charm.

TTA94

I understand, it is definitely unfortunate they have changed Epcot so much. I definitely don’t like the Harmonious barges or the concept either, but since Disney insists on pushing forward with the show regardless of the backlash, I’m curious to see how it turns out. Obviously I’m a big fan in general for nighttime shows and I also love lighting effects which the barges seem to be heavy on that and other effects, so for that I’m excited to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom