News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Goofy213

Maybe Disney is just trying to get the original Baymax back?

images.jpeg.jpg

deWild

Why didn’t they sink the barges in the water a bit, similar to how World or Color was developed in DCA? Seems like that would’ve solved some of the issues surrounding sight-lines and aesthetic.

note2001

EPCOT'S Harmonious barges get a lot more black with new paintwork​

Black like my soul

Honestly can't say what they'll look like in the daytime if they keep the screens running and the bottom 1/3 and sides are covered by water spray. The fountain tests we've seen so far are very underwhelming and don't lend hope to the thought that they can improve the view by much.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Then the black fades. Then water flows over it. Then it looks like crap again.

Did they just never look at the RoE barges?
I'm assuming that the new black paint has some higher performance durability than whatever was there before. We know the original finish only lasted a few months before looking terrible. Perhaps this paint life is measured in at least years.

trainplane3

I'm assuming that the new black paint has some higher performance durability than whatever was there before. We know the original finish only lasted a few months before looking terrible. Perhaps this paint life is measured in at least years.
I'd assume it's higher durability. But like the concept art assuming water is a solid and the fact they couldn't even cut the center docks "L" off (or build new like a lot of this project was), I'm going to question a lot of this project.

Touchdown

tried to pay attention as I was there last week, good views where I can still see the center stargate occur from Canada (after Le Celier enterance)-Mexico (up to La Hacienda) and Italy-Japan. I fear for the trees that line WSL in the US, they almost assuredly aren’t long for this world to increase good viewing angles. Most interestingly, the old cooperate spots (the garden below the IG gateway and the island in Italy) are horrible spots with no view of the stargate. I can’t imagine someone paying to reserve those spots, also as expected Norway/China and R&C have poor viewing angles as well. I don’t think crowds are going to spread out around the lagoon like they used to, they really didn’t think this through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom