News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

If this is how the daytime fountains are really going to look, Surely this won’t last. The amount of complaints and feedback from this will be enormous!

Either these barges are going to remain out there with no fountains during the day or they are simply going to be forced to scrap Harmonious completely.

trainplane3

If this is how the daytime fountains are really going to look, Surely this won’t last. The amount of complaints and feedback from this will be enormous!

Either these barges are going to remain out there with no fountains during the day or they are simply going to be forced to scrap Harmonious completely.
I'm still hoping there's changes made but at this point, daytime appearance blows and will continue to blow because their incredible concept art didn't account for a mysterious force known as "wind". You know, that thing that happens across water pretty consistently?

The fountains were obviously not going to do much from the beginning. You can't shield these things with water and fix sightlines.

One more thing to remember, that video was zoomed in too so it'll look worse then in person.

These aren't being scrapped unless show elements are truly that troublesome to maintain.

DreamfinderGuy

They're not scrapping Harm before it comes online. In a few years maybe *if* it gets bad enough, but no way they call this a total loss.

Giss Neric

My question is, why? If they are using the screens, why put high pressurized fountains that will inevitably block the view of these tacos? The entire planning of this show doesn’t make any sense.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the the daytime fountains was not in the original plans right? This was just born due to the pandemic. Maybe the pressurized fountains are for daytime and those are going to be just lights at nighttime.

trainplane3

Updated the poster. Maybe this time it'll sell better.

90rCxCd.png

(Nothing against Stacey and Eric, the creators of the series)

jrhwdw

Correct me if I'm wrong but the the daytime fountains was not in the original plans right? This was just born due to the pandemic. Maybe the pressurized fountains are for daytime and those are going to be just lights at nighttime.
There are supposed to be Fountains in Harm. right? So, what other Fountains could they use?

Also, how would COVID keep the barges out in WSL permanently??? That big of a desision would be Team Epcot's alone, Correct?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nothing like them spoiling a big surprise effect 🤦‍♂️.
Every attraction is spoiled from the moment it is in previews or soft opening or opening day and people post videos of it.

If you don't want to be spoiled, stop following threads about new attractions or stay off the internet altogether.

Not following attractions in tests also prevents one from saying pretty dumb stuff about features that aren't fully deployed yet. As if testing of the nozzles of a rotating arm is what it's going to look like when completed.

I'm not saying it will look significantly better... but if it does, a lot of people will have to eat their words.

Giss Neric

There are supposed to be Fountains in Harm. right? So, what other Fountains could they use?

Also, how would COVID keep the barges out in WSL permanently??? That big of a desision would be Team Epcot's alone, Correct?
I always thought Harm was going to be lights, screens and fireworks with no fountains and that fountains are just for daytime. I think the fountain part for Harm is going to be just the center circular structure since it's a "water screen" but the rotating arms are just lights.

jrhwdw

I always thought Harm was going to be lights, screens and fireworks with no fountains and that fountains are just for daytime. I think the fountain part for Harm is going to be just the center circular structure since it's a "water screen" but the rotating arms are just lights.
I thought Fountains were always planned. The only show without Fountains is EF. I can't imagine Epcot killing the Fountain idea all together when ROE closed.

TTA94

Every attraction is spoiled from the moment it is in previews or soft opening or opening day and people post videos of it.

If you don't want to be spoiled, stop following threads about new attractions or stay off the internet altogether.

Not following attractions in tests also prevents one from saying pretty dumb stuff about features that aren't fully deployed yet. As if testing of the nozzles of a rotating arm is what it's going to look like when completed.

I'm not saying it will look significantly better... but if it does, a lot of people will have to eat their words.

You are correct about following projects. My point was, not for myself, but for others IMO they should be testing more important parts of the show after hours, not just before closing.

As far as the look of the fountains hopefully they can improve the nozzles, pressure and such, I know it’s in testing mode currently. The biggest factor here that they can’t fix is Wind over a large wide open lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom