News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Was there today. No zoom or filters used to take these pics. Draw your own conclusions
20210227_152043.jpg
20210227_145306.jpg
20210227_135853.jpg

trainplane3

Photos do tend to make these things look bigger than they are. They are still big tho.
Agreed. The thing that got me was someone part of the SSE and Epcot project was laughing at the reactions to it. It makes you wonder what things are like internally for this kind of stuff to get approved.

I'll admit to being biased though. I expect better from Disney when they've proven they can hide show elements until they're needed.

UNCgolf

They're going to look bigger/smaller depending on where you are standing (among other things). They won't be as obtrusive looking from American Adventure back towards Future World because they will be much farther away.

Even looking at them in the best possible light they're unnecessary visual clutter. There's really no good defense for them.

Creathir

They're going to look bigger/smaller depending on where you are standing (among other things). They won't be as obtrusive looking from American Adventure back towards Future World because they will be much farther away.

Even looking at them in the best possible light they're unnecessary visual clutter. There's really no good defense for them.
I can personally attest to how massive they are when you walk in from the IG... completely distracting IMO...

We just saw the original 2 half moon pieces... I cannot fathom what the 6 story inter dimensional portal looks like...

Sir_Cliff

Agreed. The thing that got me was someone part of the SSE and Epcot project was laughing at the reactions to it. It makes you wonder what things are like internally for this kind of stuff to get approved.

I'll admit to being biased though. I expect better from Disney when they've proven they can hide show elements until they're needed.
I agree. It is worrying that people within WDI are laughing about people who worry about sightlines in the parks and see that second image as no big deal. Very strongly suggests that what separated Disney parks from those of their competitors has been reduced to bigger budgets and better IPs.

Animaniac93-98

How long is Chris going to be at WDI? Would he really lose his job if the show didn't hit guest satisfaction or dinner package metrics?

He knows he gets to have the title and paycheck of "Imagineer", to design whatever, and that we're just the peanut gallery to him.

A shame he can't keep that attitude to himself though.

Side note: isn't this why Jason Surrell got kicked out of Disney? He got into some spat with the fans?

Rteetz

I certainly would be bias or have strong views if I was working on Epcot right now. I know someone who had a hand in EF and was hurt by backlash on that. These people do work hard.

DreamfinderGuy

I certainly would be bias or have strong views if I was working on Epcot right now. I know someone who had a hand in EF and was hurt by backlash on that. These people do work hard.
I don't think anybody doubts they work hard, and it's not any individual Imagineer's choice on what gets done here, but all the work and effort in the world put into a bad idea isn't going to make it good (not necessarily directing that at EF)

DreamfinderGuy

I agree. I just think sometimes seeing all these fans crap on your work can be tough.
No doubt, but there are times where the complaints are more than reasonable. There are (presumably) good things that get stuck in the wrong spot (i.e. Guardians) where backlash based on location is extremely reasonable and less so the content itself, and then there's the Harm disaster which is just inexcusable all the way around, independent of the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom