News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

I’m curious if the spot lights on the arms and the centerpiece will be the same type of lights as HEA, etc? My grip against them is you do not see the light beams unless the firework smoke is hitting them just right or other atmosphere conditions.

trainplane3

why would it? has any other nighttime show on the lagoon kept it's barges out all the time?
I believe the barges for all of Epcots various shows didn't move out to the lagoon until the afternoon (confirmation @marni1971 ?). And if the previous shows didn't, RoE ran for over half of the parks life and set a precedent, so is it a bad thing to expect something better?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe the barges for all of Epcots various shows didn't move out to the lagoon until the afternoon (confirmation @marni1971 ?). And if the previous shows didn't, RoE ran for over half of the parks life and set a precedent, so is it a bad thing to expect something better?
Usually they’d be late afternoon although RoE sometimes pushed it a bit earlier.

Unless there was an issue, nothing was out in the morning / early afternoon.

Magic Feather

My personal assumption is that, like RoE, the barges will be brought out midday. But, unlike RoE, the center barge will be parked in the center from the beginning, as opposed to tucked away by the AGT. I don't believe any barges move during the show in this iteration of the new show.

TTA94

He does them as he can. The VelociCoaster seems to have been a priority lately. There's no rush, the giant wheel isn't going to roll away. Sadly.

I that Harm was supposed to have a compass as the centerpiece? Or is this supposed to be a compass? Lol. What would have been better is if this structure laid flat and then raised during the show? Kinda like the mirror in Tokyo’s Fantasmic.

trainplane3

I that Harm was supposed to have a compass as the centerpiece? Or is this supposed to be a compass? Lol. What would have been better is if this structure laid flat and then raised during the show? Kinda like the mirror in Tokyo’s Fantasmic.
So that first video had the compass:

Then later previews had a surface that appeared flat:
notpass.JPG

This flat "surface" is either a water screen or a giant screen.
harmonious-centerpiece-construction-10082020-5.jpg

And in Bios flybys the ring has solid feet on it that match up with the barge it'll mount to:

EiUXLLYXgAEAaam

Note the two barges next to the central barge that are totally separate and have 2 wing arm things each to flank the central hoop).
armsssss.JPG

If this thing has an additional axis of movement then I'll be surprised but pleased. If this thing was going to spin then there would most likely be a mount on the bottom in the middle of it as well so it wouldn't sway when rotating, especially if multiple parts of it were going to spin at different speeds. It looks solid. I'd think they would want to show off a huge spinning screen like crazy if they were trying to get hype for the show.
If memory serves, doesn't he have permission?
For WDW, he typically flies right outside the perimeter (typical helicopter tour flight path). There's been a few times he's requested special flights within the bubble though. I think if you want to pass through the bubble without permission then you need to be at 5000ft minimum? If you want lower then you need permission.

TTA94

So that first video had the compass:

Then later previews had a surface that appeared flat:
View attachment 504047

This flat "surface" is either a water screen or a giant screen.
harmonious-centerpiece-construction-10082020-5.jpg

And in Bios flybys the ring has solid feet on it that match up with the barge it'll mount to:

EiUXLLYXgAEAaam

Note the two barges next to the central barge that are totally separate and have 2 wing arm things each to flank the central hoop).
View attachment 504048
If this thing has an additional axis of movement then I'll be surprised but pleased. If this thing was going to spin then there would most likely be a mount on the bottom in the middle of it as well so it wouldn't sway when rotating, especially if multiple parts of it were going to spin at different speeds. It looks solid. I'd think they would want to show off a huge spinning screen like crazy if they were trying to get hype for the show.

For WDW, he typically flies right outside the perimeter (typical helicopter tour flight path). There's been a few times he's requested special flights within the bubble though. I think if you want to pass through the bubble without permission then you need to be at 5000ft minimum? If you want lower then you need permission.

So they must have scratched the Compass idea? Based on the preview video with if spinning it looks like it would have been cool.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom