News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Mikey73181

I still think the logo/name should be more like this

F5E7CA7F-C2F2-4EA8-B5F6-AF35017ACE20.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wow, they used the Epcot logo. Congrats. I like seeing the logo too but it's not changing my initial impressions on what we've see so far

I have $5 on it's going to be HEA 2: But we have countries to tie to characters while playing music you've heard 2000 times before.

My excitement for this show knows no bounds.

I remember the excitement when they put the logo on new fencing around Fountain of Nations. And we know how that ended.

Mikey73181

Depends if it deserves to be connected with what came before.

I just figured that besides the very early shows when the park first opened. Almost all iterations of the nighttime show at Epcot (not EF, but it’s a temp show) has had the “Illuminations” brand before the tag. I know most of them were just numbers (95, 98) I just figured continue the tradition of calling the show Illuminations and then add a tag after it.

OG Runner

I just figured that besides the very early shows when the park first opened. Almost all iterations of the nighttime show at Epcot (not EF, but it’s a temp show) has had the “Illuminations” brand before the tag. I know most of them were just numbers (95, 98) I just figured continue the tradition of calling the show Illuminations and then add a tag after it.

Sounds like a solid marketing idea.

Disneyson

So, the official title is HarmonioUs, yeah? Because if I didn't know better, I would spell it, like Harmoni-Us or something to the effect. I agree that the new logo strengthens the pun. And I do enjoy the old EPCOT lettering they're applying throughout the area formerly known as Future World. I bet when Test Track re-opens it'll see the font change too, followed by the other pavilions.

jrhwdw

Depends if it deserves to be connected with what came before.
Now I have to wonder why they put Illuminations with ROE. Except for 25a, didn't all the shows have the same classical style since Epcot's Opening? We all know ROE wasn't anything like IllumiNations 88, 98 or Laserphoinc 84. Unless they wanted guests to know that ROE was IllumiNations Quallity?(Which we all know that ROE was another level above anything from 82-99!)

I remember the excitement when they put the logo on new fencing around Fountain of Nations. And we know how that ended.
True! IDK why they had to gut FON. The new Festival Center isn't going to FON, it's just replacing the Innoventions building near Imagination correct? I've always wanted FON to get WOC Fountians! That would have brought new energy to FON IMO!

As for as the old Logo and Font, I think that now Wall-cot has more old logos and fonts that Epcot had during ROE's Life!!!!( If only they can go back WDW's old logo 100% now!)With the new Harm. Logo breaking yesturday, I'm hoping that TDO figured out to put a little more Epcot into Harm. Other than just putting MK's HEA onto WSL! Like I said yesterday...Wishful thinking most likely!

JediMasterMatt

I still think the logo/name should be more like this

View attachment 448262

If they wanted to go that route, they could just call it for what is is:

Illuminations: Reflections of Marketing Decisions

I'm still excited for this show as it will be technical very impressive. It's just going to be in the wrong park; but, then again - it's unfortunately going to be in the right park in the future. Tap dancing over EPCOT Center's grave.

trainplane3

Yep, the logos mean nothing at all. At least the pavilions are unified again finally, regardless of their content.

You know, I was seriously thinking about asking around to get a piece of that fence too...the SSE piece on the sides would've been an incredible wall piece.

Tavernacle12

That logo is weird. It's like they thought we'd see the emblem and suddenly not be mad anymore.
Why even bother?

If they actually wanted to curb our fears, they'd show concept art of one of the globe things with earth projected on it instead of a Disney character.

TTA94

With a title like that they better have some seriously good music and singing in the show.

The somewhat good news is unlike HEA, I think the Disney songs in Harmonius will not be sung by the characters.

Unfortunately the bottom line is, it doesn’t matter how well the soundtrack is done or the how impressive the show will be, IP in any way shape or form is going to upset the Epcot fans. It’s a given no matter how prepared the fans are going into it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The somewhat good news is unlike HEA, I think the Disney songs in Harmonius will not be sung by the characters.

Unfortunately the bottom line is, it doesn’t matter how well the soundtrack is done or the how impressive the show will be, IP in any way shape or form is going to upset the Epcot fans. It’s a given no matter how prepared the fans are going into it.
Good. Chapek needs to fall to realise the error of his ways. Then he might wake up.

Moderation. Balance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom