News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

kpilcher

Although never is perhaps a too harsh a word. Maybe “it won’t happen if the promenade continues to be a cluttered mess”
If we can dream it... we can ultimately be disappointed that the extra revenue > a more open feel to promenade, in Disney's eyes. And that's the most exciting part (to the corporate revenuers)

Monorail_Red

I was in town last weekend and wanted to give the show a fair shake. Personally, I found it underwhelming. No torches and several of the kites were broken. I've heard some vloggers say it was better than Illuminations, I don't see how anybody could arrive at that conclusion. But I did enjoy the parts with Tapestry and the fire kites (even though some were broken). While I appreciate the old Epcot music, unfortunately not everyone is aware of where the songs are from...some people during the show were looking a bit puzzled. Bottom line, happy it's a temporary show. Harmonious has big shoes to fill from ROE.

Rteetz

E20C94C3-1E58-4C51-B97F-045C502BF0CE.jpeg

Josh Hendy

Live singers ... wow. I assume they'll be on a barge in the middle of the lake? But no matter where they are there must be a lot of screens involved projecting them all around.

TTA94

Is it my imagination or did the description change from "the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park" to "one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park"? Was it always the latter?

Not surprised if they did change their wording lol.

hpyhnt 1000

Is it my imagination or did the description change from "the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park" to "one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park"? Was it always the latter?

I do recall Disney whether in writing or at an event saying it would be the biggest not one of the biggest before.

Not just your imaginations. A quick search of the DPB found this blurb from a post on 08/25/19 (emphasis mine):

In 2020, following the limited-time run of “Epcot Forever,” the new “HarmonioUS” will debut as the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park. It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over, carrying you away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe. “HarmonioUS” will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more.

Seems the show title isn't the only thing that's been downsized in recent months...

TTA94

Not just your imaginations. A quick search of the DPB found this blurb from a post on 08/25/19 (emphasis mine):

In 2020, following the limited-time run of “Epcot Forever,” the new “HarmonioUS” will debut as the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park. It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over, carrying you away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe. “HarmonioUS” will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more.

Seems the show title isn't the only thing that's been downsized in recent months...

I can see why they changed it to “One Of The Largest” since that is more realistic than saying “The Largest”.

Hopefully that change doesn’t mean the budget got cut and the show won’t be “The Largest” anymore like they had thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom