News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Disneyson

I never was interested in ROE compared to the other nighttime shows, can some tell me what made it a fan favorite?
It told the story of the universe in a succinct, artistic way, and in doing so told the story of EPCOT: After the big bang, the show goes through time and talks about human achievement in much the way that the Future World (RIP) pavilions do. The finale was a celebration of togetherness that pretty explicitly roped the rest of the countries around the lagoon in.

The show slowly incorporated more and more elements that built on themselves: The fire barges, lasers, the globe, then fountains and the countries. Fireworks were one of the last things added but they felt earned rather than obligatory.

The finale lights the torches around the globe and then revealed a "21st" torch in the center of the lagoon to represent the 21st century (the show was part of a larger 2000s celebration that tied into a parade around the lagoon that celebrated wishes for the world in the new century) and fireworks shot from it in a "points of light" finale that I think is still one of the most breathtaking moments of Disney stagecraft to this day.

And the music was iconic.

Last edited:

Ayla

I would love to go to Epcot one night waiting for a great night show and hearing the old preshow music to I:RoE

Oh well…let’s hope the new fireworks show tonight at MK doesnt bomb
There are no fireworks for the public tonight at MK. Only for the Super Speshul (sic)!!!

Epcot82Guy

Oh, I LOVE this. Cinematic, sweeping, optimistic, futuristic. Gives me Wall-E/Inside Out/Soul score vibes. Wish it was more prominent in the show (if it's in it at all; I really can't tell).
Agreed. And it's very simple (in a good way). Having that be the glue (melodically speaking) for the show would be wonderful. Have it end with Someday, lingering note back into this, countries sparkling, then it builds as SSE and the countries all light up like this into a full orchestral version as the finale. We just might have something there...

ToTBellHop

Agreed. And it's very simple (in a good way). Having that be the glue (melodically speaking) for the show would be wonderful. Have it end with Someday, lingering note back into this, countries sparkling, then it builds as SSE and the countries all light up like this into a full orchestral version as the finale. We just might have something there...
Email The Zach.

ToTBellHop

Here’s a reenactment of Chapek searching for the Matterhorn:
1633041612052.gif

DKampy

Actually with the people here wanting more pyro….I heard the opposite from someone who was at the show… he said it felt almost too busy…but it could be because he was use to illuminations which had a lull in it…he would need to digest it for a few days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom