News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

wutisgood

the one thing I always hate about modern disney is why not just update illuminations and spend the money on a new ride to to expand capacity? The parks desperately need capacity yet only competitors seem to understand this. I was looking at universal Japan recently and admiring how much even of the original rides they have kept gone from orlando while still expanding. They understand more rides+ more people we can fit.

CaptainAmerica

Someone needs to be fired then. Where‘s the ROI coming from on this investment? Especially considering the high maintenance that the showpieces will require.
I know nobody wants to hear it, but ROE had *very poor* guest feedback scores. People complained that it "wasn't Disney enough." Chapek didn't make that up. WE loved ROE, but the plebes hated it. They thought it was boring.

CaptainAmerica

The soundtrack was fantastic. Great throughline, impactfully used at the beginning, end, and as the post-show song. The dual endings (Go the Distance + grand finale) both delivered.

Individual segments made great use of songs, in some unexpected ways (e.g. Hunchback, Tarzan, Frozen but not Elsa).

Most of my viewings didn’t even involve the projections (e.g. from Polynesian’s beach or Fantasyland) and it still always impressed.

HEA immediately topped Wishes for me, and I hope it comes back.
Hard disagree on my part. The soundtrack was way too poppy. Castle parks should be choirs and orchestras, not a pop duet.

Disney Analyst

Indeed. I suspect this show will be very popular.

We attack pacing and forget the 6-minute nap in RoE.

And the infrastructure ( as much as it sucks during the day ) will easily be switched with new shows, new IP.

I expect this to be so hefty on physical infrastructure as it’ll become the east coast World of Color with new and or seasonal shows put up on the hardware in the future.

rct247

Beautiful! The fountains, colors, lights, and visuals were stunning. I enjoyed it and the music was pretty cool.

They just fell flat on the story. There should have been more narration to tie it all together to showcase how the music, the cultures, the morals of these stories, all tie into the real human experience that we all share.

They attempted the music brings us together in song story, but with disjointed segments with poor transitions. I agree that the music will date easily with its pop esthetic.

These days too many of the nighttime spectaculars are a greatest hits compilation. It serves its purpose, but not at every show. Fantasmic takes it and ties them with a story. Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are great to have the compilation, but when you have it with Harmonious and Disney Movie Magic and World of Color... it can get stale. Add back the story and it improves - MK: hold tight of your dreams and let your wishes come true; EC: discover what we have in common to work together to make the world a better place; DHS: showcase the characters and adventures that transport into the story; DAK: discover,celebrate, & protect the settings and animals that makeup our shared world

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Beautiful! The fountains, colors, lights, and visuals were stunning. I enjoyed it and the music was pretty cool.

They just fell flat on the story. There should have been more narration to tie it all together to showcase how the music, the cultures, the morals of these stories, all tie into the real human experience that we all share.

They attempted the music brings us together in song story, but with disjointed segments with poor transitions. I agree that the music will date easily with its pop esthetic.

I think a better narration could help with that, I agree with you there.

DonaldDoleWhip

Hard disagree on my part. The soundtrack was way too poppy. Castle parks should be choirs and orchestras, not a pop duet.
The final arrangement (not post-show, but the show finale) isn’t pop-like at all. Very orchestral. It was absolutely what I want from a traditional Disney nighttime spectacular.

Also, if that’s your sentiment about HEA, it might pain you to hear Mickey’s Mix Magic at DL has completely grown on me this year. The cringiest parts are whenever Mickey incessantly chimes in, but the mix itself is actually great. Also, even the showrunners of MMM were clever enough to give it a throughline.

I find MMM increasingly hard to dislike (can’t believe I’m saying that!), whereas I’m struggling to identify which parts of Harmonious will create that stickiness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom