News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Disone

At least with HEA it had a theme that stuck with you. This is an just a mashup of IP soundtracks.
Honestly I was just commenting on HEA and whether it's pop or orchestra. It's clearly Orchestra except for the post show exit music.

As for harmonious I was really hoping that it would be like a HEA 2.0. Instead I found myself getting more World of Color vibes from the show. It's World of Color with fireworks but I feel as though the World of Color execute a little bit better.

I haven't really been very high on Disney lately. I don't have super high expectations. I had low expectations of Mickey and Minnie's runaway Railway and that did happen we exceed them and so I'm really enjoying that attraction. I had high expectations of Rise of the resistance and it met those expectations for the most part but did not exceed them.

I had high expectations of harmonious but it did not meet those. I did enjoy the show and I know the show will grow on you. Right now I'm willing to grade it as a solid B.

It has a very enjoyable soundtrack and I really like some of the new versions of old favorites. Some of the mashups and made leaves were just outstanding.

The finale definitely vibes like World of Color seasons of light.

I love how someone has already said "someone needs to be fired". No one needs to be fired this show is not a catastrophic failure. It's going to do well but no it's not better than illuminations reflections of Earth. No ROE did not rate poorly but the "middle part" did ger a lot of hate. But the fact that ROE lasted as long as it did is a testament to its popularity. Time will tell whether the same destiny will be had for harmonious. Those are big shoes to fill and I suspect it'll fall short of that. That doesn't mean it's bad. And that doesn't mean it won't grow in popularity with time but Time will tell just how much it does.

Last edited:

Tavernacle12

I watched a small bit and it seemed like they tried to combo Go The Distance and How Far I’ll Go and it was painful to listen to, and I love those songs in isolation. I turned it off. If I’m ever in Epcot at night again I’ll just stay in Future World, which would be an almost unfathomable thought to me a few years ago.

jeffnheather

My overall reaction...just personal...just my own...just my feelings...is that it is WAY too overstimulating in a way that is NOT pleasant and did NOT leave me with a good feeling.

The tech on its own is pretty cool.

The music just...well...frustrated me. I get what they were going for. But it just sounded like a loud mess at parts. And the 'Goodnight' at the end? Sounded like Alexa responding to a voice command.

Color me disappointed. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

scottb411

I was a fan of ROE. Just rewatched the video of ROE’s final performance again and Harmonious is definitely a major upgrade all around from my standpoint and is Disney’s answer to Universal’s Cinematic Celebration that they have to compete with. My kids will really enjoy Harmonious as well. I get the points on the soundtrack and maybe Disney will bring back some of the ROE soundtrack in a future iteration of the new show someday to spark up some nostalgia but I think the show is great in all that it is right now. Great job Disney!

Last edited:

wtyy21

I was a fan of ROE. Just rewatched the video of ROE’s final performance again and Harmonious is definitely a major upgrade all around from my standpoint and is Disney’s answer to Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular that they have to compete with. My kids will really enjoy Harmonious as well. I get the points on the soundtrack and maybe Disney will bring back some of the ROE soundtrack in a future iteration of the new show someday to spark up some nostalgia but I think the show is great in all that it is right now. Great job Disney!
I agree. Despite both shows were not as great as WOC at DCA as their have less fountains.

wtyy21

One of my biggest HEA complaints was it felt like a clip show with no clear story. Harmonious takes that thought and doubles down on it, which is really disappointing. No overarching theme, no narrative, no theme song. Just...songs from movies in a random order.
This is a trend nowadays in almost all Disney nighttime spectaculars since World of Color (2010) except maybe Disneyland Forever, which still contains Walt's quote and Orange Grove history which becoming Disneyland, and park-focused firework shows such as EF, Remember, and Celebrate! TDL.

Last edited:

Joesixtoe

Lots of potential.. However the music is disjointed, the character designs are at times a bit off putting, the characters seem forced into a park that doesn't really highlight them. I found myself bored and confused until a firework went off. Then the finale happened and it sprung back into life. This ending showcased I believe call backs to Illumination and had me wanting more of this. That said I also loved Epcot Forever lol, so to each their own.

DonaldDoleWhip

One of my biggest HEA complaints was it felt like a clip show with no clear story. Harmonious takes that thought and doubles down on it, which is really disappointing. No overarching theme, no narrative, no theme song. Just...songs from movies in a random order.
It’s so confusing, as the best parts of HEA (to me) were always the beginning and the end.

The individual segments were solid too, but that’s where most of the punch was. Even the projections were just icing - HEA was good despite them.

Seems like Disney has learned all the wrong lessons from it.

Disone

I was a fan of ROE. Just rewatched the video of ROE’s final performance again and Harmonious is definitely a major upgrade all around from my standpoint and is Disney’s answer to Universal’s Cinematic Celebration that they have to compete with. My kids will really enjoy Harmonious as well. I get the points on the soundtrack and maybe Disney will bring back some of the ROE soundtrack in a future iteration of the new show someday to spark up some nostalgia but I think the show is great in all that it is right now. Great job Disney!
Universal cinematic celebration?

Hummmmm..... I mean it's an okay show. I don't think it's something that Disney had to respond to.

markham

When did it become fashionable for transitions in a show to mean “fade to black…now a different thing entirely?”

this is technically impressive but soulless. Felt like I was watching a new technology demonstration at a trade show. The tech is cool, but there’s no artistry. To misquote another property’s franchise, they got so caught up asking themselves if they could do it that they never asked themselves if they should. Does it make sense here, how do we use these new toys to tell a more compelling story instead of just showing off our latest big $$$ spend.

haven’t seen it person obviously, but from the videos, I’m not really clamoring to. I’ll get to it eventually I’m sure but for me, this is not it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom