News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Father Robinson

Well that was sure worth ruining the view of World Showcase. I am not a fan of Epcot Forever, but I did get chills from some of the musical sections of it. That's more than I can say about this...medley. Definitely didn't go into it thinking I was going to be sitting there saying "look how much work it took to bore me".

Last edited:

jpinkc

Yeah...... I watched it I dont know what I saw or heard but I watched it, I think best encompasses my feelings towards this. Just felt like a lifeless amalgam of some 3rd Tier disney songs with a few exceptions. I think I understand what they were going for but it missed to me bigtime.

Stevek

The ending song is not new. It's called "Someday" and was composed by Alan Menken for "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" in 1996 but cut from the movie in favor of "God Help the Outcasts." Still plays over the end credits, I believe.
I stand corrected. I can’t say I spent much time watching that movie.

Stevek

It needs more pyro.
And cowbell

will ferrell snl GIF

wtyy21

I thought the show had more of an Animal Kingdom feel to it and not Epcot. Bring back Illuminations.
In addition had more DAK feel, some of fountains equippment had been planned for MK's Cinderella Castle to be installed at the castle moat for the original 50th anniversary fireworks plan pre-pandemic. Unfortunately, the plan were scrapped and fountains equippment were shipped to EPCOT for this show. Additionally, original ROL at the Animal Kingdom were closed permanently.

trainplane3

Well, this is a much-improved version of RoL.
That's not much of a compliment.

A friend next to me (watching the stream) actually made the RoL reference and they aren't as into the parks as I am. Along with "why is it all fountains?" and "I want more fireworks and less TV".

Maybe I expected too much from the monstrosities in the lagoon? Why couldn't they have mounted those arms to an island or to a hard point on the lagoon? Seems like a lot of tech for not a lot of excitement.

I hope Disney sets an "aggressive" schedule to shows as in no more of these 20 year runs. New shows, with the same hardware, every 5 or so years. I'd rather it be that way even for things I like.

techgeek

All the elements are there, the show just has no flow or story to it.

I actually feel that you could produce an amazing and inspiring show with the hardware. This show is not that.

The screens are tragically underutilized. The content is circa 2005 jumpback loops layered with some animation cells that inexplicably, don't animate very much. This from the company that literally invented the language of animation. On the plus side I suppose, viewing angle doesn't actually matter because there isn't much worth going out of your way to see on that center screen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom