News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

DonaldDoleWhip

Yeah, but now we also know that the soundtrack is not good.
Exactly. For me, all it needed was a common thread musically, like HEA pulls off at the start and end. I loved HEA, and this could have been better.

World of Color has this as well - the 'original' musical segments are the highlight. Same with Fantasmic. Same with Wishes.

What a complete misstep.

Goofywilliam

All the elements are there, the show just has no flow or story to it. It could be a solid magic kingdom style show if it had some “glue” to hold all the segments together. Also can we discuss how visually underwhelming the taco shaped LED screens are. It’s like they designed a solution looking for a problem and then didn’t know what visual elements to put on them. Water screens would have worked great. Still… can’t wait to see it for myself before I pass to harsh of judgement. Excited to read other people’s thoughts!

CaptainAmerica

See, I actually think it is really cool to hear songs you know sung in different languages. Until RoE, IllumiNations was similarly made up of music you already knew. They made this show as Epcot as possible while meeting their boss’s demands for IP integration.

And I think the fountains look stunning. Think back to the fountains in RoE. They’ve come a long way.

It will obviously look more impressive in person.
I also think people over-remember the amount of pyro in ROE.

trainplane3

I thought it looked cool…”Some day” at the end, thematically, feels like “Let there be Peace on Earth.”

I view this as, “imagine you are going around the world listening to musicians singing Disney music.”

I like the visuals.

Most of the comments here are about what I expected…
I think my issue is there were no surprises. They played all the party tricks in the first 5 minutes. At least RoE had a few reveals. I felt some major RoL vibes with how there were no surprises.

Ponderer

Remember when Disney had the capability of putting together an original soundtrack that was memorable and embodied creativity?

I sure hope some executive is wondering “we paid how much for this excrement?”

And what I remember is Disney fans on CompuServe and AOL calling for Eisner‘s head after he got rid of the classical music in the original Illuminations, calling it, and I quote, “the debacle of the millennium to come.” :cool:

Surferboy567

I don’t really know how to feel about it, I really wonder what that looks like in person. Technology is incredible, but I don’t know how to feel about it.

EDIT: The ending was super abrupt. The finale itself was fine and Spaceship Earth changing was really cool but then it just ends.

OSUPhantom

Again, I’d be much more happier if they would just set the stargate on fire and let Goofy in his Evel Knievel outfit jump through it while on a motorcycle or waterskiing. It’d be more entertaining than this crap that we’re about to witness.
You haven’t even seen it and you’re already saying it’s crap?

themarchhare

See, I actually think it is really cool to hear songs you know sung in different languages. Until RoE, IllumiNations was similarly made up of music you already knew. They made this show as Epcot as possible while meeting their boss’s demands for IP integration.

And I think the fountains look stunning. Think back to the fountains in RoE. They’ve come a long way.

It will obviously look more impressive in person.
I don't mind that either! I think it's the arrangements and the fact that SO many of the songs are lifted from a far superior show with far superior arrangements (HEA).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom