News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

castlecake2.0

Yeah I notice this to. Some pictures and videos make the barges seem either really big or sort of small. Guess it all depends on positioning. I'm sure the fireworks will also affect the scale of it depending on how impactful they are.

Also, I'm glad to hear your friend enjoyed the testing! That's a great sign that he likes the show that much. I remember watching a vlog from Kevin Heimbach a couple of months ago and he said that the people who saw it from inside the park told him that it was good "but nothing life changing".
Yah I really notice it most from Showcase Plaza, once you get further back it’s not as in your face. I’d prefer they were not there, but IllumiNations started getting carted out early afternoon anyways, it’s not like it popped up 10 mins before showtime. Saying that, I wish we had a CEO that would be daring enough to spend the money on a world of color style show system, but not sure if that’s feasible in that size of a Lagoon.

TTA94

Trying to imagine how the opening music is going to be for Harm. They said it’s going to be the “How Far I’ll Go/Go The Distance” which originally we thought was the finale song lol. But that seems a bit odd to immediately start the show off with that. Maybe the opening will start off with the Epcot Anthem along with a narrator, then fade into “How Far I’ll Go/Go The Distance”?

Sir_Cliff

I have to admit, putting “Someday” in as the closing song is bold choice of Disney when you relate it to everything that is going on in this country and the world. I have to give them sincere respect for that.
I'm sincerely impressed they've dusted off Someday for the finale. Always felt it was an underrated song with a really nice message that ended up being given an underwhelming boy band treatment as the pop single for Hunchback. Seems a very appropriate and potentially moving way to end the show with the new theme, and it will also be a new song for most of the guests there unlike, say, a blast of A Whole New World.

Overall, I am happy they are at least trying to do something interesting with the selection of artists, languages, and songs for the show if they have to fit it within the IP mandate. Still think permanently parking the equipment in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon goes completely against what was supposed to make Disney Parks different, though, and simply should not have been tolerated as a cost for this show to run.

UNCgolf

They took down the signage mentioning the fountains a while ago, so I suspect they're never turning them on. They always made everything look worse when they tested them.

Which was inevitable and I'm still baffled they ever thought it was a workable idea in the first place. There was no way putting fountains on those barges was going to look good.

TTA94

When might we hear about Harmonious merchandise? I’d be shocked if they don’t. Only thing I’d be interested in, Maybe, is a soundtrack release including EF.

Vinnie Mac

When might we hear about Harmonious merchandise? I’d be shocked if they don’t. Only thing I’d be interested in, Maybe, is a soundtrack release including EF.
I'm expecting some type of merch too. I mean, HarmonioUS is going to be the new permanent show and it already has its own EPCOT poster art. I already told my family that when we see the show, I'll get merch if I think its good lol.

wutisgood

They took down the signage mentioning the fountains a while ago, so I suspect they're never turning them on. They always made everything look worse when they tested them.
Epcot should run shows with the fountains on with the daytime fireworks they did at one point as the parks should be crowded enough to warrant it. But that would require Chapek caring about guests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incomudro

Which was inevitable and I'm still baffled they ever thought it was a workable idea in the first place. There was no way putting fountains on those barges was going to look good.
Yes, from the looks of the illustrations - the fountains would have only brought more attention to the structures.

TTA94

Looks like Harmonious will be the shining star of the 50th. DE sounds like a big disappointment music wise, theme song is garbage compared to HEA.

Vinnie Mac

Looks like Harmonious will be the shining star of the 50th. DE sounds like a big disappointment music wise, theme song is garbage compared to HEA.
Well then that's a hot take if I've seen one lol. No doubt HarmonioUS will beat DE in quality BY FAR but I do think DE will be really good and the music is definitely showing potential in my opinion.

But yes, HarmonioUS will be the shining star of really any nighttime entertainment available in Orlando in my opinion.

I mean, just look at her 😍
1632788675957.png

TTA94

Well then that's a hot take if I've seen one lol. No doubt HarmonioUS will beat DE in quality BY FAR but I do think DE will be really good and the music is definitely showing potential in my opinion.

But yes, HarmonioUS will be the shining star of really any nighttime entertainment available in Orlando in my opinion.

View attachment 589621

Nothing will top WoC. But since we are talking Orlando here, it remains to be seen if Harm will top Universal and Sea Worlds shows. Since Universal took the WoC approach I think fountain wise that will definitely continue to beat any WDW show. Ignite at SW has a lot of fire effects that, as far as we know, Harmonious will not have any.
One day hopefully WDW will get something like WoC but on a larger scale and with pyro!

jrhwdw

I mean, just look at her
😍
i View attachment 589621
Never thought I would see that in this Board!! LOL!!!!! No doubt I will like it.(I think...) Whether it tops MK, SWO USF : no clue.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

View attachment 589621
It's like a Mummer's Day rave on molly.

Giss Neric

Nothing will top WoC. But since we are talking Orlando here, it remains to be seen if Harm will top Universal and Sea Worlds shows. Since Universal took the WoC approach I think fountain wise that will definitely continue to beat any WDW show. Ignite at SW has a lot of fire effects that, as far as we know, Harmonious will not have any.
One day hopefully WDW will get something like WoC but on a larger scale and with pyro!
I disagree, No show/nighttime spectacular from Universal or Sea World will have the emotional effect of Disney shows. They are a spectacle but you don't see people tearing up from their shows. Unless of course you are an emotionless and cold-hearted person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom