News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

gsimpson

I'm so trying to keep an open mind. Every time there is a press release I lose more hope. This is sounding more and more like a collage or disjointed Disney music from mostly contemporary films/animations held together by a very flimsy "look its the hold world" thread trying desperately to be a story line. I can hear the meetings in my head. We need synergy between all our divisions, we need to pump merch sales for all of our lands, pavilions, parks, resorts, and movies. We need to make sure it is so bland that no one, no matter how dedicated, can find a way to be offended. I heard the show people say it needs to be big so lets make everything out of proportion in size (oh wait, they means a big production not physically large - too bad just go with it), On the up side I can't imagine this lasting as long as Reflections. As I said, I am trying very hard to keep an open mind.

TrojanUSC

Disney Fandom Wiki still refer the upcoming show as "HarmonioUS" (with US all caps), which i believe was the original name of the firework show until it was changed to "Harmonious" (without caps) recently. https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/HarmonioUS

It was changed well over a year ago. They felt it read to US-centric (as in America) when that really wasn’t the intended meaning.

Mikey73181

I still think they should have added the “Illuminations” tag to it.

Attachments

• C1B5FA83-6445-4DFE-BC5A-EC5FCCF4031F.jpeg
    C1B5FA83-6445-4DFE-BC5A-EC5FCCF4031F.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 70

Vinnie Mac

Can we all stop calling it "HarmonioUS." That is not the name. They changed it early on to "Harmonious." No caps.
People also call HarmonioUS "Harm" so I don't see the issue with calling it HarmonioUS. Sounds a lot less ominous than "Harm" lol.

So I'm with MansionButler here, request denied

Vinnie Mac

Request considered.

Request denied.

I’ve heard the show actually looks good within the park for what it’s worth.
If you're watching the show from outside of the park, guaranteed it will look at least 10x better inside of the park (where you're supposed to view it). The show is already beautiful from the outside. It's stacked and almost overloaded with pyro. Combine the pyro with the screens, fountains, lasers, show lighting, and soundtrack? I've got very high hopes to say the least. With high hopes though comes high expectations.

But with less than 24 hours to go until showtime, I'm hereby stating my prediction of the future. It will be an elite tier show and many will recognize this, many (but not too many) will not. Vloggers and streamers are gonna love it, casuals are gonna be very pleased, fans will be pleased but with new and the usual complaints, EPCOT fans will mostly be the same. Illuminations fans are either going to hate HarmonioUS or love/like it but will still want ROE back. Response from all fans may not be 100% positive (even Illuminations never had 100% perfect feedback from fans and casuals alike) right off the bat, it'll take time and time could either mean days and weeks or months and years. Some people may even change opinions two shows in.

Last edited:

wtyy21

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR HARMONIOUS. DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HEAR/SEE SPOILERS

Just came across this video posted about an hour ago of this mornings (or last nights) HarmonioUS testing. I'm assuming this must have been the event that the picture I posted took place.

You can REALLY hear the soundtrack...

That finale was something special...

Even before the "official" soft open on September 29th, it blows Remember... Dreams Come True out of water. It was also supposed to become the largest nighttime spectacular in Disney theme park history.

Vinnie Mac

Even before the "official" soft open on September 29th, it blows Remember... Dreams Come True out of water. It was also supposed to become the largest nighttime spectacular in Disney theme park history.
Really there's only a select few shows for me that it DOESN'T blow out of the water and that's just from outside of the park lol.

Vinnie Mac

It was changed well over a year ago. They felt it read to US-centric (as in America) when that really wasn’t the intended meaning.
If that's the reason then I'm definitely still gonna call it HarmonioUS. I'm not gonna call it something different because some people don't understand what "Harmonious" literally means nor do they understand why there is an emphasis placed on "US".

TrojanUSC

If that's the reason then I'm definitely still gonna call it HarmonioUS. I'm not gonna call it something different because some people don't understand what "Harmonious" literally means nor do they understand why there is an emphasis placed on "US".

It's in... World Showcase. It isn't unfair to think that a show with US in capital letters might confuse people to think that it's a show about America.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR HARMONIOUS. DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HEAR/SEE SPOILERS

Just came across this video posted about an hour ago of this mornings (or last nights) HarmonioUS testing. I'm assuming this must have been the event that the picture I posted took place.

You can REALLY hear the soundtrack...

That finale was something special...

I'm wondering how is Act 2 ("Celebrate") is divided. Is it divided per continent now instead of individual World Showcase pavilions? Steve Davison mentioned in one of the behind-the-scenes videos that Act 2 will be a tour of World Showcase, but several pavilions are missed (Japan, Italy, Germany, Norway, and Canada) based on the testing footage above. Some even appear out of thin air (India and Africa, though I guess the Outpost counts)...

Surferboy567

No spoilers here, but I saw a good chunk of the test footage posted above. It’s very hard to judge based on just the fireworks that we can see but the fireworks I did see where very plentiful and impressive. Their were some parts where I could hear the soundtrack very well, and others it was super faint. As long as everyone can get over the fact this has a large chunk of IP in the show, what was shown in that test footage is very promising. I am looking forward to tonight’s first showing of Harm.

I can only imagine what it looks like in park with all the effects visible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom