News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

FigmentForver96

How sad, one of the last few great pieces of EPCOT Center comes to the end. It’s going to be hard to top this. A show that perfectly wrapped up the essence and vision of Epcot. The idea that we, as a collective race mold and shape the world of tomorrow. That together as one we move into a new century of unknowns and discovery. Even as Epcot began to change, this show was one of the last few beacons in there. Sad that it now will crumble along with those who went before it.

Last edited:

KC00

Knew this was coming but it still makes me very, very sad.

I did the College Program in Spring 2000 and Tapestry of Nations and Illuminations were a huge part of my CP experience. It has always had such a special place in my heart as that CP also came after a pretty stressful time in my life.

I just did a semi-solo trip and made a last minute decision to speed over to Epcot to watch ROE for the second night in a row on my last night because I knew this was coming. The World Showcase was fairly quiet and there were evening EMH so I was able to really linger after the show ended. I sat on the benches by Japan and listened to the post-show music and watched the projections on Spaceship Earth and just soaked it all up. I can always convince my family or other travel buddies to watch Illuminations with me but no one is really ever on board to just sit around afterwards and enjoy the music and the atmosphere so I was so happy to be able to do it without feeling rushed. I am so happy I took the time on this last trip to do this.

HwdStudio

I’m very excited. I love illuminations. But seeing it at least once a month for the last 15 years I am ready for something new. It makes me sad that it’s going but it had a good run.

boufa

I know this is unpopular, but I have 2 thoughts... and both rub against the grain here.
1) I see a 20 year show is getting replaced and think "its about time" Things, even great things, get stale.

2) I don't hate IP. Fill it in, where ever, or don't ... Either way. no big deal.

After all, no one hates everything Disney quite like a true Disney-fan.

iowamomof4

As a somewhat newcomer to WDW (2 trips, first was in September, 2015), I've never understood the appeal of Illuminations (or Fanstamic! for that matter, but I don't want to derail the thread). It makes me wonder if it's more the nostalgia of it that makes it feel so special to people. Wishes, otoh, I fell in love with that the first time I ever experienced it!

I'm looking forward to the new show at Epcot. Maybe we'll have a reason to stick around past 8:30 then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom