News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jrhwdw

Why is it that ROE always looks bad days before July 4th/Major Epcot Anniversary and looks fine on July 4th /that Anniversary Date? Hopefully this year is no different!

As far as supply, Epcot should have the specific ROE pyro through September 30th, correct?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why is it that ROE always looks bad days before July 4th/Major Epcot Anniversary and looks fine on July 4th /that Anniversary Date? Hopefully this year is no different!

As far as supply, Epcot should have the specific ROE pyro through September 30th, correct?
Supplies for all shows can be up and down week in and week out. Vendor problems. Supply problems. Overstock. Understock. Other events.

WDW Monorail

I was there in person and have seen the show well over 100 times. There was definitely some substituted product and some product of the wrong color used.

If you’re referring to Friday’s show there was no “mismatched” or irregular product used. Occasionally you’ll get a wrong color of a particular effect loaded in to the wrong tube or a wire landed on the incorrect terminal but I did not notice any of that after watching the video posted recently.
New commets during Celebration have been in use for several months now. The rest of the product has been consistently good since the major product changes ~5 years ago, certainly much better and consistent than the effects used from 2000-2013 when multiple pruduct consitency and time fuse issues plagued the show for months at a time.

EvilChameleon

It only looks like IllumiNations is full of inconsistencies because it's really the only show where effects can be turned on/off on demand due to wind patterns and the weather. With the castle shows really the only thing they turn off is the roof effects, and DHS barely has shows anymore, so...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It only looks like IllumiNations is full of inconsistencies because it's really the only show where effects can be turned on/off on demand due to wind patterns and the weather. With the castle shows really the only thing they turn off is the roof effects, and DHS barely has shows anymore, so...
Errr.... turning off the rooftops has the same effect. Watch a castle show without them and it looks as lacking as this RoE’s Celebration did.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
LOL I just happen to come across this vid. Apparently on June 20th, the MK's HEA didn't have any pyro OR fireworks working in the beginning. You can watch the first minute, but like as stated above by Marni, you can tell it's really lacking when castle/roof pyro is missing (as well as the main launch fireworks in this case).

Castle/rooftop pyro did get fixed right before Tiana, but the main fireworks didn't appear until the end of Out There, but they seemed to be delayed and out of sync. I'm surprised they didn't just end up restarting the show within the first minute or two by the lack of anything. Probably their tech team was scrambling hard for this rare event 😉

(Sorry if this isn't directly related to RoE, but thought it would be insightful)

KevinPage

So do you think they will do something special for the final night? I would hope they make sure everything is totally “up to snuff” considering that they are probably selling a mass amount of “desert parties” for it 😎

trainplane3

So do you think they will do something special for the final night? I would hope they make sure everything is totally “up to snuff” considering that they are probably selling a mass amount of “desert parties” for it 😎
I remember hearing the composer (Gavin Greenway) saying he was trying to convince Disney to do a live orchestral performance for the final show. It'd be incredible but I doubt it'll happen.

KevinPage

I remember hearing the composer (Gavin Greenway) saying he was trying to convince Disney to do a live orchestral performance for the final show. It'd be incredible but I doubt it'll happen.

Apparently Disney refused to do anything with Gavin, Kelly & Don, so they are are appearing at a panel hosted by non Disney people 😜

DisneyFan92

you are right. we have one to the tune of over 5k... and they are basically sold out at all locations. But we love the private dessert parties. Top notch service.

trainplane3

Apparently Disney refused to do anything with Gavin, Kelly & Don, so they are are appearing at a panel hosted by non Disney people 😜
Yep, I do remember hearing that but didn't put the two together. It'd be neat but I'm not going to give him my money. I do wonder if they were able to secure what I would consider the real VIP spot(s) to watch RoE from or just another VIP/FP+ type spot scattered around WS.

KevinPage

Yep, I do remember hearing that but didn't put the two together. It'd be neat but I'm not going to give him my money. I do wonder if they were able to secure what I would consider the real VIP spot(s) to watch RoE from or just another VIP/FP+ type spot scattered around WS.

They got the prime 🇫🇷 location

TTA94

Question to those who know, why do a handful of guests get to stand on the World Showcase Transportation Dock for Illuminations?

trainplane3

Question to those who know, why do a handful of guests get to stand on the World Showcase Transportation Dock for Illuminations?
Special requests/friends of management/management/possible Make a Wish?/etc in most cases. I'd love to get on a dock one of these days for RoE, EF, or the IP show... Just seems like it'd be a neat little thing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom