News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

vikescaper

I was thinking about Harmonious while I was getting ready for work this morning…..

What if after GOTG opens, they modify the show to add in a Disney song that is in Xandarian? It would further tie Harmonious in with the rest of the park….

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was thinking about Harmonious while I was getting ready for work this morning…..

What if after GOTG opens, they modify the show to add in a Disney song that is in Xandarian? It would further tie Harmonious in with the rest of the park….
And then Peter Quill interrupts to teach them real Disney Earth music from that one time he visited Epcot and proceeds to get them to sing "Everyone Wants to be a Cat."

wtyy21

How about the soundtrack to 'Epcot Forever' using these rigs.....?
Better?
Worse?

-
EPCOT Forever was not using the original song sadly, like Harmonious now. They were only using "One Little Spark" at the opening and "A whole new World" for closing, which is more like Disney in the Stars in HKDL.

Too bad that EPCOT doesn't have true original theme song for firework shows post-ROE.

Bocabear

I would be OK with them going back to "We Go ON" or something earlier...Needs to be an original song that inspired the way all the original park music did...Tomorrow's Child. Horizons, One Little Spark... They were all beautifully done and park specific...
I don't want to go to EPCOT to listen to "great Disney Film Clips music... It is the complete wrong note for this special park.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"According to Imagineer Steve Davidson, who was the creative director for Harmonious, the concept of using Disney music as the focal point for the new show came from none other than Disney CEO Bob Chapek. When talking about the concept of Harmonious and how it came to be, Davidson said that Chapek said “why don’t we do a Disney concert? Everyone loves Disney music”.

From there, Davidson said that he decided to spin that concept to work within the storyline of World Showcase. He said that he would want to hear the concept of a Disney concert play out via the voices, artwork, and cultures of the countries that make up World Showcase at EPCOT."

trainplane3

"According to Imagineer Steve Davidson, who was the creative director for Harmonious, the concept of using Disney music as the focal point for the new show came from none other than Disney CEO Bob Chapek. When talking about the concept of Harmonious and how it came to be, Davidson said that Chapek said “why don’t we do a Disney concert? Everyone loves Disney music”.

From there, Davidson said that he decided to spin that concept to work within the storyline of World Showcase. He said that he would want to hear the concept of a Disney concert play out via the voices, artwork, and cultures of the countries that make up World Showcase at EPCOT."

That explains a lot.

Disney Analyst

In other words "Wasn't MY IDEA!"....

Also, Steve should have respectfully declined to work on this project, it's hurt his "Brand"
How you go from doing a show like ROE, to this.. and still call yourself a artist with integrity.. is beyond me.

Okay so Steve, who is in a relatively high position in the company, with a long storied career, should just… say no to a project he is assigned… and essentially quit? Just because you don’t like the show?

I’ll try that at my work this week and let you know how that goes.

Do you hear yourself….

ImperfectPixie

Okay so Steve, who is in a relatively high position in the company, with a long storied career, should just… say no to a project he is assigned… and essentially quit? Just because you don’t like the show?

I’ll try that at my work this week and let you know how that goes.

Do you hear yourself….
If Chapek is beyond reasoning with when he gives bad instruction to creatives, then bad things are going to continue to happen.

trainplane3

If Chapek is beyond reasoning with when he gives bad instruction to creatives, then bad things are going to continue to happen.
It's like we've seen this happen once before...

brb1006

I should have known.

RSoxNo1

If Imagineers can't tell Chapek or any executive why something doesn't work without fear of termination, that's a problem. This is one of the many reasons the Eisner/Wells dynamic worked so well.

I suspect that Tom Fitzgerald disagreed with EPCOT's direction and it's why we see more Zach Riddley now. I also think your other veteran Imagineers saw the writing on the wall that they would be creatively neutered by this leadership.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom