News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Bocabear

I get that they are trying to do something new and groundbreaking... I really do...
And we really needed a new nighttime show at EPCOT...
But I sure would have rather left the Communicore Buildings in place for another 5 years and built the new Mary Poppins Attraction, A Coco Overlay for Mexico and another new ride in Germany...and another new country in the world showcase... It seems like this show and Communicore destruction have eaten up all the budget to make any changes that will make a day at EPCOT a better experience... People want more rides... It is not that difficult. Re-do imagination, forget the journey Of Water Splash Pad...that doesn't even make sense in this location... It is just baffling...

jrhwdw

For as much hate as the show gets (for very valid reasons), there's something special about it in a sad way. It's probably the very last time several of those songs will ever be heard in the park.
You'd think people would appreciate it more when it returns since WDW has been dark(Nighttime Spectacular wise) since March 16, 2020!!!

The Aracuan Bird

I get that they are trying to do something new and groundbreaking... I really do...
And we really needed a new nighttime show at EPCOT...
But I sure would have rather left the Communicore Buildings in place for another 5 years and built the new Mary Poppins Attraction, A Coco Overlay for Mexico and another new ride in Germany...and another new country in the world showcase... It seems like this show and Communicore destruction have eaten up all the budget to make any changes that will make a day at EPCOT a better experience... People want more rides... It is not that difficult. Re-do imagination, forget the journey Of Water Splash Pad...that doesn't even make sense in this location... It is just baffling...
They’re going to be left with an Epcot that isn’t much better than the 20 years previous. The only net gain for them will be the coaster.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It looks scary..

and 20+ years later... the bellagio fountains still look more tasteful then this tour de force

really want to see what this effect is supposed to be at night.... because your mist is everywhere in this kind of movement... so you have to really control the lighting. And if the lighting is everything.... why bother moving to start?

really curious to see the end effect here

The Aracuan Bird

I'd say the only net gain is Ratatouille.
By math, you are right. Guardians is a replacement. Ratatouille is an addition. But Guardians is also going to drive more people in the gates than Energy (as much as I loved that attraction).

Play is filler, and probably won’t work incredibly well in a post COVID world. Moana is filler. The Communicore building destruction was a waste. Meanwhile, Imagination and Mission Space fail to meet guest expectations, and act as filler. HarmonioUS will probably bring in more nightly crowds than Illuminations, but it doesn’t make the park more worthy of attending. Not worth the cost, and they will surely open themselves to more scrutiny equating Disney properties to the peak of cultural representation (as opposed to just representing really countries and cultures).

The goal of the Epcot refresh should have been to add smaller attractions in World Showcase, and replace some of the larger “filler” in Future World with must do “E Tickets”.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

TikibirdLand

Play is a replacement... Just loooong overdue.

Moana is a replacement, water playground instead of video game playground.

....If it's an experience that is taking over something that used to be in that location, it is a replacement.
So, if they put a flower pot on the slab of the old Innoventions and I sniff said flower, is that now an "experience"?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So, if they put a flower pot on the slab of the old Innoventions and I sniff said flower, is that now an "experience"?
Of course not... But it's still the definition of a replacement. They replaced Innoventions with a flower pot.

They replaced Tiki Room with Under New Management.
They replaced Alien Encounter with Stitch's Great Escape.
They replaced 20,000 Leagues with a Pooh Playground.
They replaced Wonders of Life with a Festival Center.
They replaced Kitchen Kabaret with Food Rocks.

It doesn't matter if the new attraction/experience/whatever sucks... It's a replacement. It replaced something that was once there.

They could have demolished Communicore and put a red solo cup in its place... Which would mean that the red solo cup replaced communicore.

The Aracuan Bird

Play is a replacement... Just loooong overdue.

Moana is a replacement, water playground instead of video game playground.

....If it's an experience that is taking over something that used to be in that location, it is a replacement.
It being a replacement doesn’t excuse it from being filler.

Wonders had an E Ticket and an animatronic show. Play is a bunch of mini games. An interactive playground in a large space that was designed to fit multiple attractions. It was something substantial that is being replaced with filler.

Innoventions was filler and it is being replaced with Moana, more filler.

Why are they filler? Because nobody is paying $120 to go to a park for these interactive playgrounds. Filler is important (see Magic Kingdom which needs more filler). But is it wise to waste valuable space and money on filler for a park that severely lacks marquee attractions? I’d argue no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom