News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Thelazer

What beats me is why they used barges. World of Color floats up during showtime and sinks during the day. I think the LED screens are stupid when you have most screens or fins that sing and have projections on them. You know when those LED screens start to glitch out and loose sections Epcot is going to leave it like that for a long time like they have in the past and like clockwork there going to let this hardware fall apart.

Had the barges come out only at night and then gone back it would have been okay.
This idea of leaving all show hardware out in the lagoon, I suspect is more a cost saving measure than anything else.

I also suspect it's going to look horrible with bird poop on it (ask Universal about that)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Had the barges come out only at night and then gone back it would have been okay.
This idea of leaving all show hardware out in the lagoon, I suspect is more a cost saving measure than anything else.

I also suspect it's going to look horrible with bird poop on it (ask Universal about that)
It seems that the fountains will be on all day... self-cleaning!!

HauntedMansionFLA

Curious. They prepped the land to build this attraction. What do they do with the area after the barges are floated out into the lagoon till 2040 ( if you go by the timeline of the previous show ) ??

techgeek

It sounds like this will interfere with the Japan view of SSE through the gate.

I looked at the angles of that awhile back on google and managed to convince myself that it was going to be really close, but obviously they wouldn’t have screwed up such an iconic and important view and I’m sure they double checked that... because that’s just obvious, right?

Seriously though, I hold out some hope. The axis of that shot is actually pretty far off the lagoon center... although those barges are massive.

667F1DF7-3E0D-49DD-A621-326B1A65A824.jpeg

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It seems that the fountains will be on all day... self-cleaning!!
Don't worry, as we all remember the Fountain of Nations (RIP) ran all day as well.

We all know how well this prominent water feature/show was maintained and how every element in it worked perfectly right until the very end. (Ha..Ha..Ha..) So what could possibly go wrong with the new thing in the middle of the lagoon?

Now Disney can do the same (let it rot and deteriorate), except with something that's floating, not accessible via land unless it's brought offstage, and presumably becomes erect and shoots fire works from it at least once per day.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Don't worry, as we all remember the Fountain of Nations (RIP) ran all day as well.

We all know how well this prominent water feature/show was maintained and how every element in it worked perfectly right until the very end. (Ha..Ha..Ha..) So what could possibly go wrong with the new thing in the middle of the lagoon?

Now Disney can do the same (let it rot and deteriorate), except with something that's floating, not accessible via land unless it's brought offstage, and presumably becomes erect and shoots fire works from it at least once per day.
As well as maintain the new fount at the entrance, the FoN replacement in the hub, and all the interactive founts of JoW!!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I looked at the angles of that awhile back on google and managed to convince myself that it was going to be really close, but obviously they wouldn’t have screwed up such an iconic and important view and I’m sure they double checked that... because that’s just obvious, right?
I have a hard time thinking that was planned. The gate is at the edge of the lagoon. And SSE is far away on the other side. So, it would be rather difficult to *not* get SSE to appear in the gate. You can get the Big Blue Box to be perfectly aligned with the gate. Or any other Future World building.

As it is now, an island is partly blocking that 'perfect view' of SSE. If Disney really wanted that perfect view, that island wouldn't be there, or, the gate would be ten yards to the right.

Looking at the address-finder map, it seems one of the side fountains will be in the way. But perhaps blocking only the lower quarter of SSE.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I have a hard time thinking that was planned. The gate is at the edge of the lagoon. And SSE is far away on the other side. So, it would be rather difficult to *not* get SSE to appear in the gate. You can get the Big Blue Box to be perfectly aligned with the gate. Or any other Future World building.

As it is now, an island is partly blocking that 'perfect view' of SSE. If Disney really wanted that perfect view, that island wouldn't be there, or, the gate would be ten yards to the right.

Looking at the address-finder map, it seems one of the side fountains will be in the way. But perhaps blocking only the lower quarter of SSE.
Could it be that the barges are so gigantic they’d need a legit tug boat to shuttle them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom