Reflections Earth Globe Gone for 3 Weeks

I find it very frustrating that so many people share this logic; "I've made more posts than you so clearly I am more credible.".. I beg to differ. In fact my opinion is quite the opposite. In many cases I have a higher respect for people who *don't* have the time to post hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands) of times.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

JML42691

Not to antagonize this debate here, but what exactly do you mean by "source"?
A source like a page on Disney's website, a Cast Member newsletter, or any other website that could be used to back up what the OP is saying. Like where he read that it is going down tonight. I was only really asking for a source because there have been countless other threads that have stated when the barge is going down, but none of them supply a source for the date it is going down and then the date they say passes. I have a strong feeling that the barge will still be in the show tonight as I cannot find where the poster got his information.

WDW Monorail

Sounds like a good source to me!

WDW Monorail seems to frequently be in-the-know about the inside goings-on at WDW!

I'm voting for "PLAUSIBLE", if not "CONFIRMED"! :lol:

Thanks!

Oh boy. Please don't call me an insider. I'm far from that. I just take the rumors and try to see how one can make a fact from them.

It just so happens that a lillte celebration is happening 3 weeks from now and it would be very appropriate to have the globe debut on that day or just prior to it.
I like to call myself a WDW analyst. :)

Anyway, you're welcome.

Dsnyguy75

Original Poster
OKAY.... God... You all absolutly freakin amaze me. First of all. I AM ONE of the chosen few who actually are part of this wonderful evening show. Second, Earth Globe is one of my wonderful positions that I can fulfill for the show. THAT'S HOW I KNOW. We were told over the weekend and our schedules have been adjusted accordingly.

I do know most of what's been going on with the dates that keep being pushed back because of issues with the vendor who won the bid. That's why I've never said anything because a lot of people on here run around half cocked with some tidbit of information that was so far in left field....

I have quite a few mid to high level connections on property especially in the entertainment world. I don't deal with attractions, or foods, or even facility issues unless it deals with entertainment. My best friend works for an outside vendor who partners with Ride and Show on many new projects (i.e. Spaceship Earth Rehab, HM Rehab, SM Rehab, TSM, Castle Relight (which is an ongoing project.) but we both watch these boards to see what people know and what they think they know.

Now NOTICE... I didn't use the word rumor. If I used that word, I would expect the criticism, the flames, the hatred. But you wonder why people hate to post anything, say anything, for fear that they're gonna get slapped down like a pesky mosquito.

If you have an issue, ask me. I don't post unless I know it to be fact. Rumors are just that unless they are confirmed.

I spend more time in the parks than most of you do at your jobs. To say, I'm uninformed is a slap in the face.

SANDKRUSER

Great reply!!! :sohappy:

I, too, only post when I'm positive it's not something I'll end up getting flamed at as I have been burned in the past!:fork:

It's too bad many on here have to take it so seriously. I joined because I love Disney and it was a "fan site" with great information. But as I read through the posts daily, many make me wonder what some of the posters are fans of?:shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
OKAY.... God... You all absolutly freakin amaze me. First of all. I AM ONE of the chosen few who actually are part of this wonderful evening show. Second, Earth Globe is one of my wonderful positions that I can fulfill for the show. THAT'S HOW I KNOW. We were told over the weekend and our schedules have been adjusted accordingly.

I do know most of what's been going on with the dates that keep being pushed back because of issues with the vendor who won the bid. That's why I've never said anything because a lot of people on here run around half cocked with some tidbit of information that was so far in left field....

I have quite a few mid to high level connections on property especially in the entertainment world. I don't deal with attractions, or foods, or even facility issues unless it deals with entertainment. My best friend works for an outside vendor who partners with Ride and Show on many new projects (i.e. Spaceship Earth Rehab, HM Rehab, SM Rehab, TSM, Castle Relight (which is an ongoing project.) but we both watch these boards to see what people know and what they think they know.

Now NOTICE... I didn't use the word rumor. If I used that word, I would expect the criticism, the flames, the hatred. But you wonder why people hate to post anything, say anything, for fear that they're gonna get slapped down like a pesky mosquito.

If you have an issue, ask me. I don't post unless I know it to be fact. Rumors are just that unless they are confirmed.

I spend more time in the parks than most of you do at your jobs. To say, I'm uninformed is a slap in the face.

Thanks for all the info, it's much appareciated by most here. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended

Just wanted to mention that most folks who don't doubt you or at least give you the benefit of the doubt to see if things pan out usually don't post to a thread. They wait for it to pan out to see if your info can be trusted in the future.

So, it might be only a little reassuring, but the vast majority here gave you the benefit of the doubt and were just waiting to see what happened.

CrashNet

WDW Monorail said:
There is good reason to believe that today is the day.
:wave:

Agreed. ;)

mousermerf said:
Just wanted to mention that most folks who don't doubt you or at least give you the benefit of the doubt to see if things pan out usually don't post to a thread. They wait for it to pan out to see if your info can be trusted in the future.

So, it might be only a little reassuring, but the vast majority here gave you the benefit of the doubt and were just waiting to see what happened.

Very true, and my apologies to you dsnyguy75 for being criticized for providing info. If I may ask though, are you guys replacing the burned out LEDs or upgrading the system (more modern technology)? Thanks for the information! :)

MythBuster

Then you should know that the rehab got pushed back again, so you shouldn't put out old news.

And currently there is no date for the rehab right now.

Buried20KLeague

Ditto.

I certainly wouldn't overtly talk down towards your post, then after the fact attempt to make it look softer. :rolleyes:

The Mak

Then you should know that the rehab got pushed back again, so you shouldn't put out old news.

And currently there is no date for the rehab right now.

picardpk0.jpg

RedBaron

I belive you, I belive you. It just seems with all the stuff that will be down for rehab for my trip in 2 days that this news seems to be the final blow for me. So if you dont mind I will still keep my fingers crossed that the date changes.

wickedfan07

I belive you, I belive you. It just seems with all the stuff that will be down for rehab for my trip in 2 days that this news seems to be the final blow for me. So if you dont mind I will still keep my fingers crossed that the date changes.

The show will still play; it will just be a modified version. But I can understand where you're coming from - RoE is my favorite show on property, and I would be disappointed to see the show without the Globe. But at least the show is still playing and not totally shut down. September is a pretty crazy month for refurbishments. At least work is being done at all.

Dsnyguy75

Original Poster
Latest Update as of this afternoon... Mythbuster is correct. I spoke with the Vendor and my friends over at Entertainment Engineering. Vendor still is having issues and has requested additional time before taking it out of show. Apparently Mythbuster is farther up the chain that I am... I only post what I've been told by decision makers. Not rumor mongers.

donaldfan

Could you really see them having it out of the show on October 1st?

I hope it doesn't get pushed back into my mid-October trip. I think I'll already be dealing with World Showcase plaza being turned into displaced-Japan diners VIP Viewing.

stalkingmickey

I had lunch with an imagineer today. He is the lead graphic designer for EPCOT. I asked him if the globe was being refurb and said no. He said it is "the show" and it is maintained daily to prevent the globe from going down. He did say once in a while there is a technical glich, but from the way he answer my question he made me sound crazy for thinking they would have RoE without the globe. I am not saying it isn't going to happen, maybe he couldn't say anything yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom