News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

nickys

Premium Member
Hmm... while I get what you're saying, I think most holders (like me) of 2042's will let things expire rather than try to sell and get ROFL'ed, letting Disney recover that ownership. I suspect Disney will need to deal with falling off that cliff along with the other 2042ers. I'd like to be wrong and see them provide incentives to extend... but it feels unlikely.
They won’t care, there’s no falling off a cliff here. They’ll simply resell the expired contracts as a 2057 contract. Win-win for them.

SteveAZee

Premium Member
They won’t care, there’s no falling off a cliff here. They’ll simply resell the expired contracts as a 2057 contract. Win-win for them.
I guess my thinking is that there will be a lot of points that they'll need to resell across the resort in 2042 and Disney will need to carry the costs of the annuals dues in the meantime... especially with OKW (large # of points, lots of property and buildings to maintain, staff, etc). You may know the numbers of this better than I do, I'm just speculating.

John park hopper

I wonder what happens in 50 years when those people who bought into DVC have either sold or sadly passed away. Will people continue to buy up DVC under current Disney (price gouging, Lightning Lane models, subpar development, $50 cupcakes). Like do they just turn them into regular hotels?
The way they are built in. 50 yrs they will be falling down

nickys

Premium Member
I guess my thinking is that there will be a lot of points that they'll need to resell across the resort in 2042 and Disney will need to carry the costs of the annuals dues in the meantime... especially with OKW (large # of points, lots of property and buildings to maintain, staff, etc). You may know the numbers of this better than I do, I'm just speculating.
For OKW you’re correct. Although no one knows how many points there will be expiring in 2042. But since there will be just 15 years to go they could do a fire sale.

For the other resorts they’d be either rebuilding or doing a full refurb. They’ll just shutter the resorts until they’re ready.

ToTBellHop

For OKW you’re correct. Although no one knows how many points there will be expiring in 2042. But since there will be just 15 years to go they could do a fire sale.

For the other resorts they’d be either rebuilding or doing a full refurb. They’ll just shutter the resorts until they’re ready.
They’ll close BRV, BWV, and BCV at the exact same time? That’ll be a mess.

nickys

Premium Member
I’m more picturing the visual of BWV and BCV being closed at the same time.
The resorts effectively cease to exist at that point. It might be weird especially BWV since it’s the same building.

But realistically WDW can’t absorb all those rooms back into the regular Disney Deluxe accommodation.

And as the term runs down DVC can’t use maintenance fees to build enough capital reserves for a refurb after the contracts end.

If they stick to their 7 year rotation of refurbs then those resorts should be just about due a refurb. So they should be able to schedule all 3 within a couple of years.

Whether that’s DVC with a view to relaunch them as new resorts, or WDW - who knows?

BrianLo

They’ll close BRV, BWV, and BCV at the exact same time? That’ll be a mess.

We’re in the realm of massive, massive speculation here. But the bugaboo is Boulder and Beach will be flipped and Boardwalk rebuilt.

Though Boulder is off on its own so doesn’t really matter per say if they also slow roll that one.

Old Key West I’m sure they’ll fire sale the residual 15 year contracts. It might even be the only one for sale for 6-10 months or so as they refurb the one and two that will follow immediately. Likely will have a couple million points there that need to be turned around quickly.

Honestly, the far more problematic time they have is Saratoga in 2054 followed by Animal Kingdom and OKW in 2057. Speculatively one or two of those resorts will cease to be. Almost assuredly Old Key West.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom