News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Mainahman

They're just gonna put 'urban' camp sites out there. With propane campfires. For $487 a night, your adventure begins. Book a 5 day/6 night luxury campsite with spectacular views of trees, weeds, snakes, along with other indigenous wildlife that we've had imported from exotic locations! There you'll enjoy your own 'pop-up' style tent, with all the amenities, including portapotty, personal rainshower tent, and Mickey inspired sun awning. All the while, you're able to keep your social distancing in place. Locally grown mosquitoes provide fun activities such as "The West Nile Shuffle and Run". While there, dine on master craft cuisine from Seven Seas Lagoon, sustainable gator tail with a tomato Ragu, or create your own lunch from the outdoor offerings. Pick your protein of grub worms, rhino beetles, or our personal favorite, field mice on a bed of freshly cut greens.
And if you're lonely! Gator to cuddle the night away provided for a measly $50 dollars!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So safe to assume this project is still very much alive?

I would say no. Seems to be the current project is either on long term hold or dead. However this is atleast the second attempt Disney has made to build on the site that I am aware of, so they obviously have a strong desire to add something here eventually. To me this seems like a nessessary infrastructure upgrade that they would need to do regardless of what gets build their. Another thought is that the current infrastructure could be reaching its end of life and this is a nessessary upgrade to contine service to whatever else this line is connected to.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I would say no. Seems to be the current project is either on long term hold or dead. However this is atleast the second attempt Disney has made to build on the site that I am aware of, so they obviously have a strong desire to add something here eventually. To me this seems like a nessessary infrastructure upgrade that they would need to do regardless of what gets build their. Another thought is that the current infrastructure could be reaching its end of life and this is a nessessary upgrade to contine service to whatever else this line is connected to.

This is definitely a possibility. The other option is that the source that said it was dead was wrong.

Heppenheimer

I’ve always been surprised that Fort Wilderness never offered any sort of “Glamping.” Depending on how long it takes for that plot to be back under heavy construction, that might be a cost effective way to use the plot.
I haven't set foot in one of the Fort Wilderness cabins since 1989, but even back then, this was kind of a glamping experience, long before the term existed. If not quite luxurious, they were extremely comfortable and well equipped for the time. My older brother was thrilled that they featured a stereo with tape deck that was wired to all the rooms (my parents, less so thrilled, given my brother's musical tastes at the time).

Knowing the current Disney regime, though, they would just slightly up-date the cabins' furnishings, up the price and call it glamping.

jt04

I’ve always been surprised that Fort Wilderness never offered any sort of “Glamping.” Depending on how long it takes for that plot to be back under heavy construction, that might be a cost effective way to use the plot.

The resort was a good idea but the concepts weren't on par with the MK resorts and given the proximity to WL etc. that should have been the standard to reach IMO.

I'm afraid a bunch of glamping cabins or trailers would just trash the waterfront. And there is still room to add such amenities elsewhere in Fort Wilderness.

bpiper

Yes, but the permit specifically says it's for this project.
From the drawings, those are pressure reducing stations to reduce High-Pressure Natural gas to a Low Pressure Natural gas. Since it's utility infrastructure, I would think that this is a Reedy Creek funded and supervised project. Reedy Creek would be in charge of the high pressure lines and conversion stations while Disney would run the lines from there to their project. While it might be needed to support Reflections, it could also be needed to replace existing ones that are deteriorating in the vicinity, so they can't wait. While Disney might be having a cash flow problem, Reedy Creek funded by property taxes and utility usage charges, shouldn't be experiencing any cash flow problems and as long as "something" will be built in the location eventually, are preceding with the project.

TrainsOfDisney

The comments I’ve seen are that it’s a better home for the horses and that the location is more accessible. I haven’t seen it in person so I can’t speak to fit.

The old one was very accessible so I’m not sure what that means. If it’s better for the horses I’m interested in knowing how. That’s not meaning to be argumentative I would actually like to know.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The old one was very accessible so I’m not sure what that means. If it’s better for the horses I’m interested in knowing how. That’s not meaning to be argumentative I would actually like to know.
I am not the person to ask I am just learning. Thanks for answering my query.

ECU_PIRATE

My concern was always how much Fort Wilderness was going to be impeded by this resort. If this remains cancelled or delayed I hope they will fix up the grounds around Pioneer Hall and original Clementines beach that was ruined by this project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom