News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

nickys

Premium Member
I think it's just a case of most character meals are signature, but not all signatures are character meals. No egregious error on anyone's part.

But most character meals are not signature. Most of them are buffets, and you pay for the experience and definitely not for the food.

CRT is the only one I can think of. BOG is maybe kinda.

These are not:
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey
Ohana breakfast
Cape May breakfast
Tusker House
H&V
1900 Park Fayre

I will have missed some.

Not sure about the one in WL that did replace a signature dining.

ABQ

But most character meals are not signature. Most of them are buffets, and you pay for the experience and definitely not for the food.

CRT is the only one I can think of. BOG is maybe kinda.

These are not:
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey
Ohana breakfast
Cape May breakfast
Tusker House
H&V
1900 Park Fayre

I will have missed some.

Not sure about the one in WL that did replace a signature dining.
Fine, I'm mistaken then, no biggie, wasn't looking to create a debate.

nickys

Premium Member
Just decided to change for a bit.

The new one is a map of the Epcot tunnel.

I like it, it’s just not as recognisable as your old one. 😀

I didn’t appreciate how extensive it was. Wow! Is it all still in use, and if so will it be impacted by the work for the new look FW?

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
So, just askin? Reflections will NOT have a Sig Dining Restaurant. Just a Character Restaurant?
To be fair, we don’t know that this will actually be character dining. Characters being present was never announced. All they said was that it was “a PatF-themed restaurant.” It could just be a waterside restaurant with some PatF artwork....

note2001

I see the construction is cruising along at lighting speed. Since it would make sense to get the animals relocated first, I thought we'd see the foundation for the new stable by now.

note2001

Ok but seriously does anyone understand why Disney would put a Princess and the Frog/Tiana-themed restaurant anywhere but one of the Port Orleans resorts?
The only reason I can think of is to draw further attention to the new resort.
This resort is already overrun with IP everywhere you look in the lobby and dining areas. Too much of a good thing turns the place into that one house in town that loads up their lawn with plastic flamingos, gnomes and christmas decor.

raymusiccity

Ok but seriously does anyone understand why Disney would put a Princess and the Frog/Tiana-themed restaurant anywhere but one of the Port Orleans resorts?

I can think of one!.... It also fits in overlooking the lake.
crocimages.jpg

Slov72

Just got back from spending a week at Wilderness Lodge. One thing I noticed is that they are doing a lot of site work. There had to be up to 100 dump trucks going in and out of the access road off of timberline road every day. Every single time I drove out of the Wilderness lodge gate over the week there was a truck coming or going. When I took the boat over to Fort Wilderness, there were massive dirt piles and equipment set up in the new resort location.

stratman50th

Been reading through this thread over the last few days. First thing way back in the beginning was the campsite for $55 a night. Below is what we paid for May 2019 and Dec. 2018 for the bean counters. Maybe you can take your cost per unit sense and determine if a site is profitable. That’s actually a chunk of change considering what they do to get the site ready for the next occupant. They clean up any trash left by the previous occupant and make sure the picnic table is clean. Then the take a leaf blower and clear the parking pad. Sure, it helps pay for all the CMs and amenities located on the property. Obviously all of the sites aren’t at this price point but there are quite a few now. These two sites were next to each other so there was really no difference in the space and configuration. The only difference was time of year and day of the week. For those of you who don’t go to campgrounds and RV resorts, this is pretty high. That being said, we have stayed at places that cost more per night and offered less in the way of amenities.

The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - Saturday, May 4, 2019

Premium Campsite

2 Adults

DateRate Per Night
May 1 Wednesday$ 108.00
May 2 Thursday$ 108.00
May 3 Friday$ 154.00

The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Magic Kingdom Resort Area

4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail

Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8415

United States

Dates
Rates per night
December 13 Thursday$133.00
December 14 Friday$163.00
December 15 Saturday$163.00
December 16 Sunday$159.00
December 17 Monday$159.00
Offer

Standard Price

Does the new resort have to give a nod to River Country? Most people don’t know a thing about it or even care really (My opinion), they never saw it or experienced it so maybe it wouldn’t matter. I had my time of anger over what was being done all over the property. The blatant money grubbing and price gouging. But I guess I’ve made peace with it. I won’t go back to the parks, no longer have any interest, but I do enjoy the campground. Plus it’s only 30 minutes from my house. If they make a bunch of negative changes to accommodate the new resort, I’ll go someplace else. In the mean time I’ll take a wait and see attitude. I guess all things must change and not always for the better, or the way we would like it to be.

Last edited:

MotherOfBirds

If they want a really authentic swamp-themed restaurant, they should use the old Discovery Island across the way. Plenty of snakes, alligators, mosquitoes to make it a very immersive experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom