News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Disstevefan1

They make plenty of money from the Campground. Think about how much maintenance goes into a resort hotel room(painting, soft goods, hard goods, cleaning staff, restocking things) versus a campsite?
They make MASSIVE money from DVC!

Massive initial buy in (that expires in time) and the sweet, sweet, annual dues that keeps coming in forever..

I GOT IT!

DVC campsites!!!!!!!! ;)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
no...I like pools....especially when they are well designed... but a Disney resort should have something more special than a plain shallow pool with a fiberglass Disney character.... They can do better....and for the prices, really should
Those at CBR and Coronado are fun. Same with AoA...

JD80

no...I like pools....especially when they are well designed... but a Disney resort should have something more special than a plain shallow pool with a fiberglass Disney character.... They can do better....and for the prices, really should

Have you been to any of the pools except Stormalong Bay?

Disstevefan1

Updated Artwork!
ReflectionsArt1.jpg

Biff215

for some reason, all Disney hotel pools except Stormalong Bay suck. I have no faith in them building a decent lazy river...why would they? that will cut into their water park sales... It will be another very shallow featureless geometric shape with an uninteresting slide. The simplest and least exciting option... maybe a fiberglass Disney character.
Not WDW, but Aulani is proof Disney can build a great resort and pool complex.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I’m not sure it can salvage the Cabins. The maintenance fees still have to cover the cost of the cabin replacements. Which means if they add Reflections to the same resort, its maintenance fees are also going to be high, to subsidise the Cabins.

It might be better to make them separate, like CCV & BRV, but with shared facilities.

Cabin math has been a little fuzzy to figure out exactly how many total points are in the Cabins but I think 3 million is on the high end.

For sake of numbers let's say they get to about 7 million more in new development, which might be low considering we heard 900 rooms but we don't know mix of DVC to hotel. We also don't know point chart but I'm guessing it would also be relatively low. For comparison, Riviera has 6.7 million points for 300 rooms.

With a more a more traditional resort let's plug in same Riviera $8.87 as a placeholder for new development dues in 2024 numbers.

Putting together we'd end up at $9.84/point for combined development. Still high but not miserable if point chart is on the low end. There are so many assumptions here that specific numbers don't matter as much as just showing how combining into one resort can do a lot out dues to make Cabins ownership both more attractive from perspectives of dues, in addition to perspective of Cabins being one of multiple room accommodation opportunities for owners (remembering that Poly was once criticized for having only studios).

nickys

Premium Member
Cabin math has been a little fuzzy to figure out exactly how many total points are in the Cabins but I think 3 million is on the high end.

For sake of numbers let's say they get to about 7 million more in new development, which might be low considering we heard 900 rooms but we don't know mix of DVC to hotel. We also don't know point chart but I'm guessing it would also be relatively low. For comparison, Riviera has 6.7 million points for 300 rooms.

With a more a more traditional resort let's plug in same Riviera $8.87 as a placeholder for new development dues in 2024 numbers.

Putting together we'd end up at $9.84/point for combined development. Still high but not miserable if point chart is on the low end. There are so many assumptions here that specific numbers don't matter as much as just showing how combining into one resort can do a lot out dues to make Cabins ownership both more attractive from perspectives of dues, in addition to perspective of Cabins being one of multiple room accommodation opportunities for owners (remembering that Poly was once criticized for having only studios).
What makes you think it will have a low points chart? Since when has any new resort / addition had a low points chart? 😉

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Estimated number of total points for the CFW (from dvcnews.com): 2,780,943.

Disstevefan1

Reflections was going to be a normal hotel with DVC not just a DVC hotel, idk why everyone thinks it was only going to be DVC.
Lets see what happens.

I am betting on it being a DVC, and non DVC folks are always free to pay the insane rack price to stay there too.

Who knows, maybe they will have a number of non DVCs rooms at $600 a night.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Lets see what happens.

I am betting on it being a DVC, and non DVC folks are always free to pay the insane rack price to stay there too.

Who knows, maybe they will have a number of non DVCs rooms at $600 a night.
Oh it's very possible it's only DVC now and it will be super expensive to stay there but the original concept showed 900 hotel rooms and DVC. I'm betting $1000 a night for fireworks views.

nickys

Premium Member
If I'm not mistaken, I believe I read somewhere that Disney gained permission for a 10 story hotel at this site:
That’s what we’re discussing! They re-filed for a new permit, but this was first announced years ago.

The question is whether the design has changed (again) since it was quietly dropped from before Covid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom