News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Eric Graham

Disney (almost) never officially cancel anything not yet completed.

I only put almost in that sentence in case someone (ahem @BrianLo) can think of an example. 😁
Sorry, haven't followed

I only put almost in that sentence in case someone (ahem @BrianLo) can think of an example. 😁
Sorry haven't really followed this page in quite awhile, my apologies. Just read this news today.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thanks! I saw where dvcnews mentioned how the first two declarations were inconsistent (when they divided declared points by number of cabins declared the math was different) but it sounds like they figured something out.
No problem. It's the only place I peruse occasionally that has point information like that (for current resort sales) readily available, and I was just looking at the August sales the other day. Morbid curiosity and all that. :D

BrianLo

Challenge accepted! I wracked my brain and finally thought of some. It's even a hotel!

Politically motivated is the answer. Lake Nona is the other.

Gusey

I have a few more:
  • Hollywood Land & Dick Tracy @ Disneyland "Link"
  • Hyperion Wharf was described as "a few preliminary plans that we felt didn’t measure up to our aspirations for this place." "Link"
  • Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty meet and greets in New Fantasyland. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train "will be in place of some of the earlier plans we shared regarding opportunities to interact with your favorite princesses." "Link"
(P.S. Disney has now deleted all of the park blog entries from before they updated their site, so wayback machine has proved helpful.)

TheIceBaron

I wonder if bookings or DVC sales of Poly tower have impacted the decision to renew this project. If they are getting positive sales numbers then I guess we are getting Disney’s Reflections of Marriott Resort & Spa

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder if bookings or DVC sales of Poly tower have impacted the decision to renew this project. If they are getting positive sales numbers then I guess we are getting Disney’s Reflections of Marriott Resort & Spa
The Poly isn’t on sale yet.

It will sell well initially with lots of smallish add-on purchases from existing members who want more points to stay in bigger rooms.

MouseEarsMom33

I wonder if the project was never dead, but postponed. I believe the cabins needed to be replaced. So maybe the original plan was Reflections and then cabins. But with COVID they had to to replace the cabins first.

Disstevefan1

They are finishing the Poly DVC.
Instead of renovating the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, they will rip them out and put in DVC IKEA tiny homes.
Now Reflections DVC.

Disney's finance committee sure loves the money machine called DVC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom