Refillable water bottles sold at WDW?

TinkerBelle8878

Original Poster
I was wondering with all the BPA talk and all, obviously buying a bottle of Daisani and refilling it during the day is out. And buying constant bottles of water at $2 a piece gets expensive. I've read various things about people trying to bring refillable water bottles through TSA security at the airports and wouldn't want to risk it.

So the question is, are refillable BPA free water bottles sold at the World? I'd rather buy there and have it to use for my trip.

I know there's the refillable mugs but they seem too bulky to carry around all day, not to mention probably leak.

Phonedave

I was wondering with all the BPA talk and all, obviously buying a bottle of Daisani and refilling it during the day is out. And buying constant bottles of water at $2 a piece gets expensive. I've read various things about people trying to bring refillable water bottles through TSA security at the airports and wouldn't want to risk it.

So the question is, are refillable BPA free water bottles sold at the World? I'd rather buy there and have it to use for my trip.

I know there's the refillable mugs but they seem too bulky to carry around all day, not to mention probably leak.

Ya lost me on BPA. IF you are talking about plastics leaching into the water, I thought that was a long term thing. I don't think you are going to get much (if any) using a bottle for a week or so.

However, all of that aside, just drink from the water fountain. That is another thing that confuses me. IF you are OK with Florida tap water, then what is the need to carry around a bottle. There are water fountains all over the place. If you are thirsty you stop at the next one and get a drink.

-dave

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have one of the live fresh water bottles - filter in the top and you can fill the water where ever you go with no worries. Is that what you are talking about? I don't see how if you had that packed in your luggage it would be a problem. Carry it on through check in, yeah - they won't let any bottles of any kind through. But if you pack and check it - it should not be a problem. I got one for like $8 at Publix (I live in SC) and it was great on the last trip! We didn't buy water once and it tasted clean and fresh! A good purchase for sure!

CleveRocks

There can't be any problem bringing a refillable water bottle through airport security, as long as it's empty at the time. The prohibition is against liquids in volumes over 100 ml (3.4 ounces) ... but there's no prohibition against taking an empty vessel than can hold liquids in the future.

Tom

Beta Return
I live life on the edge.....I drink from plastic bottles. :eek:

I just spent a week there and would buy a bottle of Dasani early, and refill it at the (free, shhhhh) drinking fountains located conveniently all around the parks.

And, I will continue to drink from plastic bottles until I keel over dead some day from this new mysterious poison, or whatever fad people are worried about this week.

Just seems like the simplest solution to me.....:veryconfu

KingStefan

Why would the Baseball Players Association care what kind of water you drink?

No, just kidding.

Seriously, I don't think that there is any more risk in refilling a bottle that you bought and drinking from it than there is from buying bottled water all day. If you would not drink water from a bottle that might contain some BPA at all, OK that's one thing. However, if you will drink bottled water that you buy, then refilling it does not really add to the risk.

The added risk is if the bottle gets hot. If you cook things in it (like in the microwave), or if it sits in the sun for a very long time, or in a hot car, or if you refill it with hot liquid, it can increase the amount of BPA that leaches out.

However, if you are OK buying a bottle of water and drinking that, then I don't think you have to worry about refilling it with cold water all day, even all week, for that matter. It's just not any riskier than buying a new bottles of water all day or week. As long as you don't let the bottle get very hot.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Just FYI but there is not a single documented case of BPA poisoning occurring from the use of plastic containers. It is merely a case of the media making a mountain out of a mole hill and people jumping the chance to make a profit from it. BPA free plastic bottles are nothing more than a way to separate you from your money. You actually consume more endocrine disruptors in a single serving of sunflower seeds then in a lifetime of using plastic bottles. Save yourself the $10 and refill your dasani bottle.

kcw

Man, I feel bad for people who worry about every media-induced scare, and change their habits and lifestyles because of it. The human body is stronger than most people give it credit for, and we're not going to die because of plastic water bottles. (likewise, our earth isn't either, but I'm not going to get on my bigger soapbox about "being green") But oh well, I've got better things to worry about on my WDW trips!!!

Anyways, that being said, you can bring your special water bottles in your carry-on as long as they're empty. And if you're really that worried about it, just pack em in your checked luggage :shrug:

Phonedave

I just spent a week there and would buy a bottle of Dasani early, and refill it at the (free, shhhhh) drinking fountains located conveniently all around the parks.

Just seems like the simplest solution to me.....:veryconfu

Or, as I said, even simpler, drink from the fountain. Then you don't even have to carry a bottle around.

I really don't understand the need to carry around bottles of water or hydration bladders, or wineskins, or whatever. OK, if you don't like the water from the fountains, then I do understand. But if you are refilling from the fountains, why have a bottle

I would hazard a guess that you are no more than a 10 minute walk from a water fountain anywhere in the parks. It's not the Gobi desert. You feel a little thirsty so you stop at the next fountain. You go to the bathroom, you stop at a fountain. If you really want, you stop at a stand and get a cup of water.

Eh, maybe its me. I just don't get the whole "carrying a bottle of water wherever I go" thing.

-dave

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Aren't ALL water bottles refillable?

I mean if you can get water out of them, then you can get more water into them.

LilMommyBug

I don't understand why everyone is jumping on them for not wanting to use a plastic bottle. If they are afraid of BPA - fine. Why is it bothering you so much that you have to be rude? :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't understand why everyone is jumping on them for not wanting to use a plastic bottle. If they are afraid of BPA - fine. Why is it bothering you so much that you have to be rude? :shrug:
Who is bing rude? Seems like everyone is just pointing out to the OP that they have bought into some misinformation and should not be concerned. It would not be any different then members here correcting someone that did not want their finger scanned at the parks because they were told the information was sent to the FBI.

good2cu

100% agree. also just an FYI I am too often slightly reluctant to drink dasani. I must admit that this lasts about a tenth of a second, but they did try to sell the drink in the UK and fill it up with tap water and it got pulled from the shelves and banned from the country within a week or so.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

lol the important thing is, if that is what they believe and don't wanna drink from them then fine. I'm sure we all somehow believe in something things that others would consider foolish.

(and your telling me my fingerprint isn't sent to the FBI.... ...)

KingStefan

100% agree. also just an FYI I am too often slightly reluctant to drink dasani. I must admit that this lasts about a tenth of a second, but they did try to sell the drink in the UK and fill it up with tap water and it got pulled from the shelves and banned from the country within a week or so.

A bit OT:

Oh, there is no secret that Dasani is just purified water that comes from a local source wherever it is made. Most brands of bottled water in the US are made like that, in fact.

And it's OK. The presumption is that the consumer knows that if it says "spring water" then that means it comes from a special source, but if it says "purified water" it can come from just about anywhere.

"Purified water" is, of course, one step up from tap water. They take some impurities out, and may add some things to fix it up, and they make sure that there are no (live) parasites. That's more than you can say for most municipal sources. So in that sense it is better than drinking from the fountain.

But my guess is that most people don't know that there are two different types of bottled water, and they buy purified water thinking that it is from some special source. Caveat emptor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom