Refillable Mugs

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Thinking about getting refillable mugs when we go in a few months. Given the Covid restrictions, how exactly are you able to fill/refill your mug?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
A CM is stationed next to the dispensers. You show your mug, tell them what drink you’d like and they will fill a paper cup which is handed to you.

You pour the drink into your mug. The cold drink paper cup holds more than the mug so you’ll have extra. Hot beverage cups are about equal to mug.

Mugs are currently 19.99.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Are they allowing you to put milk/chocolate milk into your coffee? I know, very specific question 😀
There aren’t any milk dispensers. You’ll need to purchase a carton/bottle and add it yourself.
Some resorts have individual sealed creamer cups where the packaged sugars, salt, pepper etc. are located. Guests are free to help themselves.

Disney4family

Are they allowing you to put milk/chocolate milk into your coffee? I know, very specific question 😀
My husband and I would typically have 2 cups of coffee in the morning.
Last summer, I showed our 2 refillable cups and asked for 4 cups of coffee with milk.
I received 4 cups of coffee and 1 cup of milk each day for 10 days.
I did not have to purchase the milk.

NelleBelle

Original Poster
We used to always find both white and chocolate milk in the dispensers and make "poor man's mocha" from the coffee; we never bought chocolate milk either. Oh well, if we make a stop at a store to buy some cases of water, I may have to pick-up some creamer and chocolate milk (maybe some decent k-pods will have to be brought along with us, too).

cmwade77

A CM is stationed next to the dispensers. You show your mug, tell them what drink you’d like and they will fill a paper cup which is handed to you.

You pour the drink into your mug. The cold drink paper cup holds more than the mug so you’ll have extra. Hot beverage cups are about equal to mug.

Mugs are currently 19.99.
The metal cups (Star Wars and Skyliner Designs) hold more than the plastic ones, not sure how those compare to the paper ones though.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know if Coronado Springs has mugs available now? For whatever reason, they didn't have them in December, but I'm hoping they have them next month when I take some of my family that hasn't been to WDW since 1983.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Does anyone know if Coronado Springs has mugs available now? For whatever reason, they didn't have them in December, but I'm hoping they have them next month when I take some of my family that hasn't been to WDW since 1983.
I would also be interested to know the answer to this question. I just read on a TP board that they are not offering refillable mugs at CS. This person also reported that the restaurants were not open most times when they went through for ice cream from the gift shop, but that this might have been because they were going through at "odd times".

@wbostic12, when are you heading down? We will be there at the end of the month and into the first of April and also are bringing my Stepmom that hasn't been in a long time. Even though it will be different, I'm still super excited to share WDW with her.

nickys

Premium Member
Just a FYI for those wondering about CSR, the G-league games finished yesterday and the playoffs finish on the 11th.

I’ve also seen reports saying Siestas is extending hours from the 12th. Both Cafe Rix and El Mercado re-open with full hours as of today. I suspect some of the bar and restaurant staff were pulled to cover the league catering stuff.

Not sure why exactly the refillable mugs needed to be a casualty of the G-League though. 🤷‍♀️

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I would also be interested to know the answer to this question. I just read on a TP board that they are not offering refillable mugs at CS. This person also reported that the restaurants were not open most times when they went through for ice cream from the gift shop, but that this might have been because they were going through at "odd times".

@wbostic12, when are you heading down? We will be there at the end of the month and into the first of April and also are bringing my Stepmom that hasn't been in a long time. Even though it will be different, I'm still super excited to share WDW with her.
@FeelsSoGoodToBeBad, I am actually currently staying at Coronado. (From Sun 7 to Sat 13) As a aside on the dining options at Coronado, the best option I have found is just walking up to the Rix grill. It is fairly fast and just a few dollars more than El Mercado.

DC0703

We will be staying at AKL - Jambo in June. Assuming that things stay as they are now with things being closed, does anyone know if there is currently a place to fill mugs at Jambo right now? Or do you actually have to walk/shuttle to Kidani to get a drink refill?

nickys

Premium Member
We will be staying at AKL - Jambo in June. Assuming that things stay as they are now with things being closed, does anyone know if there is currently a place to fill mugs at Jambo right now? Or do you actually have to walk/shuttle to Kidani to get a drink refill?
When the pool bar is open you can refill them there.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Thanks for the info. I'll have to review the hours of the pool bar and the Mara when closer to the trip to see if the mugs will be worth it this time around
This is our situation as well. In the past there was no question that the mugs saved us money just based on QS breakfast at the resort alone! Do the TS locations at CSR honor refill mugs? If not, and if the QS location doesn't have the stations open, I don't see how it will be worthwhile to purchase them. I'm going to try to reach the resort in the next few weeks to see if I can find out the status of the refill stations at the resort.

KILUMTL123

As of today, 3/14, still no refillable mugs at Coronado. I asked a cast member and she has not been told when they will reimplement them.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

As of today, 3/14, still no refillable mugs at Coronado. I asked a cast member and she has not been told when they will reimplement them.
Thanks for the update. I'm going to hold our hope they come back in the next few weeks (might be futile, but we'll see). Otherwise, I'm going to be paying through the nose for drinks alone in the morning and evening when we get back to the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom