Refillable mugs question....

TinkerbellTara

Original Poster
hey yall!

I'm going to WDW on wednesday, yay!, and with the dining plan my family will be getting refillable mugs, one per person. I've never used the mugs before and was wondering if they work in the resort and the park, or just the resort? Can anyone enlighten me on this? thanks so much!! :shrug:

Cmdr_Crimson

They can only be used at the resort you are staying at. Although since they redsigned them as a Standard "DISNEY PARKS" mug and not a Resort Themed mug. I still have my old ones and I'm using it again this year.

toledooh

hi,
you can use the mug in your resort hotels food court and at any other resort hotel too. They are good to use till the last day of yous stay. But you can´t use the mugs at the parks. As far as I know: they sell refill mugs at the parks too. No idea how long you can use the mug there.
have fun!!!

TinkerbellTara

Original Poster
thanks so much for the info!

and the quick responses!!

Bummer though, I thought if you could use it in the parks that would save us from using a snack credit on sodas. Well I guess you can't pull one over disney : )

Maybe if we fill them up without ice at the resort before we go to the park then when we get thirsty just ask for a cup of ice...Hmm...unless we're not allowed to bring them into the park?

tigsmom

thanks so much for the info!

and the quick responses!!

Bummer though, I thought if you could use it in the parks that would save us from using a snack credit on sodas. Well I guess you can't pull one over disney : )

Maybe if we fill them up without ice at the resort before we go to the park then when we get thirsty just ask for a cup of ice...Hmm...unless we're not allowed to bring them into the park?

You can bring them in, but they are not air tight and will leak if you try to put them in your backpack. Why not buy some soda or water bottles before you check in and keep them in the fridge or on ice and use them in the parks.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You can bring them into the parks, they just won't refill them [at least not for free].

TinkerbellTara

Original Poster
You can bring them in, but they are not air tight and will leak if you try to put them in your backpack. Why not buy some soda or water bottles before you check in and keep them in the fridge or on ice and use them in the parks.

ooh nice thinking! I bet we'll do that then....thanks for the tips! :)

elcodfish

water

What we always do, and we fly down, is pack one suitcase with a case of water, that way we have cheap drinks for each stay of our trip, not that you won't buy soda, but it still helps. Plus we have an extra suitcase for everything we buy!

Erica

imamouse

Thread drift - What do the mugs look like this year? Are the same YOAMD mugs only with 2008 instead of 2007 on them? Thanks :wave:!

nankeldisney821

Just curious...you say that with the dining plan, your family will be getting mugs...do you mean you are purchasing them yourselves or they give them to you? I did the plan last August and I knew nothing about getting the mugs given to you. Are you supposed to get them or do you still need to buy them yourself? :shrug: I just want to know because I am going again in Feb. and want to make sure to bring mine from last August or just wait to get one from Disney. Thanks!!

GoofyMom2

i have a whole cabinet in my house dedicated to disney mugs...if you open it they all fall out. but we still get them everytime!

:ROFLOL:

That's just like my house!

We use them all of the time....they are great for car trips, also, since the kids can close them and we end up with less spills.

Funny side story: In Oct my DS left one full of chocolate milk on an end table and the puppy ended up rolling it throught the entire downstairs, leaving a trail of chocolate milk the entire way! This was the morning we left for DL (DH couldn't go due to work), so when DH got home from airport, he had a lovely surprise waiting for him. Well, at least my carpets got cleaned while I was gone! :lol:

DisneyDancer312

:ROFLOL:

That's just like my house!

We use them all of the time....they are great for car trips, also, since the kids can close them and we end up with less spills.

Funny side story: In Oct my DS left one full of chocolate milk on an end table and the puppy ended up rolling it throught the entire downstairs, leaving a trail of chocolate milk the entire way! This was the morning we left for DL (DH couldn't go due to work), so when DH got home from airport, he had a lovely surprise waiting for him. Well, at least my carpets got cleaned while I was gone! :lol:

yes! we use them everywhere. coffee in the morning everyone knows us by our disney mugs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom