Refillable Mug at WDW: With Handle or Without?

If given a choice, would you prefer a mug WITH a handle or one WITHOUT a handle?

• With

Votes: 58 69.9%
  • Without

Votes: 25 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucky

Original Poster
Which would you prefer?

I know this is being discussed in other threads, but it could be useful for WDW's social media monitors to see some actual numbers.

Last edited:

tglancy

I'm torn. The handles made it easier for me to fill up four cups at once and carry them back to the room, but no handle makes them more usable after the trip. Gut says no handle, so I'll go with that.

jaklgreen

I have over a decades worth of Disney cups that we all use at home. We love the handles. Oh and I made sure the car I bought had a cup holder that would accommodate my Disney cups. :D I use one every morning to take coffee to work and the cups get hot. I can not imagine trying to carry a hot cup of coffee, along with everything else, with no handle. I know little hands will have issues with these cups at WDW. This is just another misguided attempt to try to save a few bucks. Which is nuts, because $17 for the mug more then makes up for the cost of them.

allgiggles

I prefer them to have a handle. Other than my husband who uses one for coffee on his drive to work every day, we rarely use the mugs once we get home. It's more convenient to carry them around the resort with a handle and since that's where we use them the most, I want a handle. At last count we had 40 mugs in a box in the basement. They aren't a souvenir for us, just a convenience during our stay.

PoohPigletEeyor

I am just use to having handles on them. Plus it is easier if one of us goes and fills the mugs, always easier to carry with the handles. Just my opinion though.

elliepixie

I prefer them to have a handle. Other than my husband who uses one for coffee on his drive to work every day, we rarely use the mugs once we get home. It's more convenient to carry them around the resort with a handle and since that's where we use them the most, I want a handle. At last count we had 40 mugs in a box in the basement. They aren't a souvenir for us, just a convenience during our stay.
If you want to get rid of a few and have the current design, I'll pay for shipping. I have the previous design and we use it a lot and they are beat up and we work be back for a while :(

Minthorne

I voted no handle. Then again I never buy one. I do have a Typhoon Lagoon mug with no handle that I got instead of my $5 key deposit once that I like. That was why I said no handle. In case you cared. :hilarious:

allgiggles

If you want to get rid of a few and have the current design, I'll pay for shipping. I have the previous design and we use it a lot and they are beat up and we work be back for a while :(

Sadly, my husband sent 4 of our 5 new design mugs home with some of his family members who were visiting the other week. I always offer the mugs to guests if they want coffee to take with them when heading out in the morning...but I always give away the older mugs. I wasn't home when they were leaving and my husband grabbed the 4 mugs that were on top of the pile -- said they all looked the same to him. :-( I would have liked to keep at least a few of them (he took "his" new one to the office with him and uses it there). Thanks for offering to take them off me hands, though. Maybe someone else will see your post and be able to send some to you.

elliepixie

Sadly, my husband sent 4 of our 5 new design mugs home with some of his family members who were visiting the other week. I always offer the mugs to guests if they want coffee to take with them when heading out in the morning...but I always give away the older mugs. I wasn't home when they were leaving and my husband grabbed the 4 mugs that were on top of the pile -- said they all looked the same to him. :-( I would have liked to keep at least a few of them (he took "his" new one to the office with him and uses it there). Thanks for offering to take them off me hands, though. Maybe someone else will see your post and be able to send some to you.
Thank you for replying! Maybe I'll find somebody else with too many ;)

DisAl

Keep the handle. Much easier for the young ones to handle with a handle. Very difficult to handle multiple mugs with no handle.

disneydad1000

Since I'm the one that usually does the beverage run for the family I definitely vote to keep the handles, a lot easier carrying 4 mugs with handles and the mugs fit fine in DW and my car.:D

Last edited:

disneydad1000

I also forgot to mention my kids are 9 and 4 and believe me mousekeeping will definitely appreciate the fact that they have handles;) not saying that they are careless just saying that they are kids. Hopefully CBR won't be rolling these out by Aug 27th..lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom