Refillable drink mugs

Dumbo2675

Original Poster
What is the latest info on these mugs? I have seen different forms on these from several minutes between refills, or can only use in your resort, to can use them in any park, too 2 minutes between refills. Please advise as we have our trip plan coming up in October.

Cmdr_Crimson

What is the latest info on these mugs? I have seen different forms on these from several minutes between refills, or can only use in your resort, to can use them in any park, too 2 minutes between refills. Please advise as we have our trip plan coming up in October.

For all your answers I suggest you go here..http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-refillable-mugs/

Just be advised that the Mug Design has recently changed..
Rapid_Fill_Mugs.JPG

disney4life2008

You can use the mugs any resort but there is a 2 or 3 minute refill delay. It is painful as I can drink at least 2 mug fulls standing at the machine. I am actually contemplating not buying the mug all together in august

seahawk7

We bought the mugs for the length of our stay. When you place the mug on the tray, it will read the date your refills expire. We bought three mugs for the same amount of time and they all read different dates of expiration. My son's date was one day short of when we were leaving so he couldn't get anymore refills. Apparently this is a common problem since they changed the date of expiration for his cup when he went to the food court cashier. So be watchful for that glitch and hopefully they will have fixed it by the time you go. (We left WDW on 6/7)

R W B

I had no issue with the refillable mug on my week long stay in March. In fact, my expiration date was 2 weeks after the purchase date so that was a plus. Also, I thought I would have an issue since I like to fill my cup up, take a big sip or 2 and then top it off but it never denied me of my coke lol. I'm not sure what the exact time frame is on refils but like I said, I took a good 10-15 seconds taking a few sips and it still let me top off, let the fizz out, top off again and so on a few times.

Goofyernmost

Why?

You can use the mugs any resort but there is a 2 or 3 minute refill delay. It is painful as I can drink at least 2 mug fulls standing at the machine. I am actually contemplating not buying the mug all together in august
You're going to be very thirsty or very broke before you leave especially if you buy a new drink for every 30 second cupful that you drink.

cw1982

You're going to be very thirsty or very broke before you leave especially if you buy a new drink for every 30 second cupful that you drink.

IMO it depends on how much time one spends in the resorts. DH and I were only ever at our resort for breakfast, and my breakfasts came with drinks (since I got kids meals lol). DH didn't get the same meals I got, so his didn't come with drinks... so for him, the mug might have made sense if he hadn't wanted to buy a Monster for his morning caffeine. So, we didn't buy the mugs and I honestly don't think they would have saved us any money, given the details I just laid out. For people who go back to their rooms for a mid-afternoon break, get back before the food court closes, or drink fountain drinks (or anything else that is served in that mug) with breakfast, it does save money if being used for several days.

disney4life2008

I had no issue with the refillable mug on my week long stay in March. In fact, my expiration date was 2 weeks after the purchase date so that was a plus. Also, I thought I would have an issue since I like to fill my cup up, take a big sip or 2 and then top it off but it never denied me of my coke lol. I'm not sure what the exact time frame is on refils but like I said, I took a good 10-15 seconds taking a few sips and it still let me top off, let the fizz out, top off again and so on a few times.

They may be tinkering with the system. In January at sports it was about 2 or 3 minutes which seemed to take forever.

Goofyernmost

IMO it depends on how much time one spends in the resorts. DH and I were only ever at our resort for breakfast, and my breakfasts came with drinks (since I got kids meals lol). DH didn't get the same meals I got, so his didn't come with drinks... so for him, the mug might have made sense if he hadn't wanted to buy a Monster for his morning caffeine. So, we didn't buy the mugs and I honestly don't think they would have saved us any money, given the details I just laid out. For people who go back to their rooms for a mid-afternoon break, get back before the food court closes, or drink fountain drinks (or anything else that is served in that mug) with breakfast, it does save money if being used for several days.
Well, that's certainly true. If you are not at the resort enough and use it a lot, it doesn't pay. I bought one and except as a souvenir it was a waste of money. I had a car and just went offsite and bought a case of stuff and Walmarts. Much cheaper and I didn't have to trek a hundred miles from the room to the food court to get it.:)

kasey1988

The mugs are also included in the dining plan, even before the dining plan we always got them anyways! I a, not a big pop/soda drinker, but there is usually a juice option (lemonaide, fruit punch, powerade) and coffee and tea. We don't spend a lot of time at the resort, but we find them well worth the money, as we always eat breakfast at the resort, so we don't purchase a drink with that meal, instead using our mugs.. Also when we are spending time by the pool or catching a movie. We find them very convienent!

SagamoreBeach

We didn't have a problem with our mugs. It didn't seem worth it to me, this last time, only because we were far from the food court and not worth the drive or walk to get a drink. In the past, when closer to the food court, I definitely got my money's worth.
-T

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom