Refill mugs

eeyoremum

Can anyone tell me if I can get a resort specific refill mug instead of the "year of a million dreams" variety? If I ask really nice and say how it would make my trip so magical? Do they have any stored? Thanks.

mousefan1972

I think all resorts are using the generic YOMD mugs now. When we were there in late April/early May we scored a Polynesian mug, but a CM there said the resort mugs were only out until they ran out, then the YOMD ones would take their place. As for a "stash" of resort-specific mug stored somewhere? I would say unlikely.

Upvote 0

Scooter

You might want to try E-Bay now for resort specific mugs.
This may be the only way to get them now unless you are an avid garage sale addict.:lol:

Upvote 0

sbkline

Since this is the YEAR (note the singular not the plural) of a Million Dreams, then that would mean that next year's mugs will not be for "Year of a Million Dreams", as well as the fact that they will have a different year printed on them. Given these two facts, has there been any reason to speculate that resort specific mugs might return next year?

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Since this is the YEAR (note the singular not the plural) of a Million Dreams, then that would mean that next year's mugs will not be for "Year of a Million Dreams", as well as the fact that they will have a different year printed on them. Given these two facts, has there been any reason to speculate that resort specific mugs might return next year?

But wasn't the "year" extended til Dec. 2008?
At any rate, I hate the new mugs. I'm glad I got my resort mug earlier this year.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I'm bummed, too. I was looking forward to having a Contemporary mug. Dernit!

I was just telling the hubby a few months ago how cool it would be to go from resort to resort to see the shops and collect the mugs.

Oh well, ebaying I will go....

Upvote 0
Wasnt the purpose of a common mug so people who "resort hop" can use them all over? Or people who start thier stay in one resotort, and move to another, can use the same mug? Has anyone ever been stopped using the old resort mugs, ive seen people with the original All Star starred mugs last time we were at pop century.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

My aunt uses her old mugs at whatever resort she's at and never gets dinged for it. I've bought the Pop Century mugs 3 times. I never use them much. I just like having them, like a souvenier. I find them to be not very convenient because when I'm on my way out in the morning, I don't want to carry those mugs around all day and then when we get back in the evening it's hard to single out one poor soul to make a run all the way back to the room to fetch the mugs. We never use them $12.99 worth. I just wanted to collect them. :)

Upvote 0

mickhyperion

Even though I like having resort specific mugs, the fact that they usually didn't change from year to year meant that if a person was following the rules and buying a new one each visit (like me!), you ended up with multiples of the same exact mug. At least with the possibility of changing mugs each year or as each promotion rolls around, you get to collect some different designs without having to change resorts.

Upvote 0

Teddi

I don't know if this helps, but I was staying at Coronado Springs from Aug 9 - 11 and I got a resort specific mug. It was the "Pepper Market" Coronado Springs Resort mugs with the Three Caballeros on it.

In 1995 I got a Caribbean Beach Resort Mug and used it for several return trips, even after they quit using that mug, without a problem.

I'd actually have loved a non-resort specific mug because I plan to go back and stay at Port Orleans Riverside Sep 28-Oct 3!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Wasnt the purpose of a common mug so people who "resort hop" can use them all over? Or people who start thier stay in one resotort, and move to another, can use the same mug? Has anyone ever been stopped using the old resort mugs, ive seen people with the original All Star starred mugs last time we were at pop century.

No, I think they still say on them something along the lines of Good for this resort for your current stay.
Of course, people bring their old ones and no one says anything, but you're technically not supposed to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom