Referrals for DVC purchase

Billy6

Original Poster
In December, my parents bought into DVC, and we just spent our first week last week at DAKL-Kidani Village...

While there, my aunt bought DVC- BLT the same week...She mentioned to them that our family were members and they(DVC) said we would be getting points as a referral, hinting at 'round 200 points. Does anyone have any info on referrals and points given to members that give referrals? They did it with the same CM at Doorway to Dreams, at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Ill...

slappy magoo

Not 100% sure on every facet of the offer, but the points are a "one time offer" deal, tantamount to getting a free vacation in exchange for the referral. How many "one time use" points they get may depend on how many points the referred purchases. Sometimes, instead of bonus points, DVC will offer a free 3 night cruise on the Disney Cruise Line.

Erin_Akey

We just purchased our DVC points and my friend who referred me gets $250.00 Disney Gift card for referring me. There was a referral page in my closing docs. They then give $500 for the second you refer in a calendar year and $750 for third.

This is the only deal i am personally aware of.....yours sounds interesting though!

dizzney

We just purchased our DVC points and my friend who referred me gets $250.00 Disney Gift card for referring me. There was a referral page in my closing docs. They then give $500 for the second you refer in a calendar year and $750 for third.

This is the only deal i am personally aware of.....yours sounds interesting though!

There may be specific incentives at various times, by the gift cards and options of crediting annual dues and some others are the standard for referrals, be careful though, once you exceed I beleive its $600 annually in referrals there are tax implications, we were taxed on it since we exceeded one year.

fredtom

A DVC purchase incentive and Sharing the Magic referral rewards are two different things. Usually, DVC offers an incentive to new members such as complimentary cruises or price discounts on points.

Sharing the Magic rewards are given to existing members for referring new DVC purchasers.

This is the current reward table for referrals.
Reward Levels
A Reward Level corresponds to the number of referrals who purchase an Ownership Interest in the same calendar year. For example, a Level 2 means that you have referred two people who purchased in the same calendar year. Each new Reward is in addition to the previous Reward.
Level 1 $200
Level 2 $350
Level 3 $500
Level 4 $750
Level 5 $1,000

You can choose your reward dollars as a Disney gift card, credit toward an additional DVC purchase, credit toward annual dues or a prepaid
Visa.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

etpinge

. Does anyone have any info on referrals and points given to members that give referrals? They did it with the same CM at Doorway to Dreams, at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Ill...

One thing we learned, the hard way :cry:, if someone has been on a DVC tour before they list you as a referral, you will not got credit for them.

We have referred at least 5 families. Only 1 one of which did we receive credit for. The others all had toured and were off limits. We checked with our guide, asked very specific questions, and were told since they were already in the system we were unable to receive credit.

It was a bummer, but at least we have more friends to talk DVC with. :animwink:

Billy6

Original Poster
One thing we learned, the hard way :cry:, if someone has been on a DVC tour before they list you as a referral, you will not got credit for them.

We have referred at least 5 families. Only 1 one of which did we receive credit for. The others all had toured and were off limits. We checked with our guide, asked very specific questions, and were told since they were already in the system we were unable to receive credit.

It was a bummer, but at least we have more friends to talk DVC with. :animwink:

They did everything in one day, and they did make DVC aware of our referral. They toured and made their descision all one day, but went back at a later date to close, as did my parents....We got confirmation that we would be receiving the referral reward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom