News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I think you were you said 'free speech is according to yourself you can personally attack anyone and be free of consequence.'
When did I say that. Please cite.

No, what I said is that in the US, freedom of speech is freedom from government consequences, with limited exceptions - like screaming fire (which actually might be legal), threatening the life of POTUS, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So..........
What do you do when you're fed up with ALL US Government??????? I'm a GOP Fan but I don’t need DeSantis shutting down or kicking WDW out of FL either!! Doesn't matter that WDW had a good Weekend with the return of the Easter Pre Parade. Also, M&G and FOF just about back to normal(COVID wise)This Story will not go away!

Does DeSantis really know what’s he's doing? Isn't it known that this could be Political Susisde? Giving Taxpayers over $ 2,000 in New Taxes?

If Chappie is in his biggest hole ever.......Can't Iger or even Eisner smell what’s happening and get TWDC/TDO back on the right track?????
…I’m just gonna back away from this “ticking package”….slowly…

mikejs78

Premium Member
Not when Disney internally was issuing libelous statements at a company retreat, re:new legislation, if that was the UK - Disney would be in high court paying damages.

I am right. Or does the US not believe in slander/libel?

You are completely wrong when it comes to US law. In the US, political speech (which is what this was) is sacrosanct. You cannot be punished by the government for saying something about a law or proposed law. Slander and Libel don't apply for legislation or even against politicians unless you make up something completely unfounded (x is a pedophile,.when in actuality they are not). Political speech is sacrosanct in the US.

I think you were you said 'free speech is according to yourself you can personally attack anyone and be free of consequence.'

No, you can personally attack the government and be free of the consequences. That's what free speech is in the US.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's a ball park guess of how much money FL residents in total save because of FL resident discounts?

Because... if FL doesn't want to give special considerations to WDW any more, then WDW might not feel any obligation to give FL residents special consideration with FL residents discounts any more.
That would also kill that “freeloading” annual pass system…

Bonus for Bobby!!

1650485474375.jpeg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Politics is about power. Disney has long been the beneficiary of being powerful. This is a power move, something for DeSantis to say he stood up to the most iconic business in the state (and one of the most iconic in the country) for his primary run in 2024.

I have little doubt Disney will get some measure of revenge one day. Typically, short-sighted, emotionally motivated political moves don’t work out the best long-term.

Unfortunately the taxpayers in Orange and Osceola Counties will be the ones paying the price...at the tune of $2200 increase in their property taxes. While their homeowners insurance premiums skyrocket. I'm soon to be one of them.

I'd also like to know how the dissolution of the Orlando Airport Authority will impact travelers. And y'all thought it was just WDW impacted by HB3C. Nope it's 132 other special districts created prior to the 1968 constitutional revision. Includes several port authorities, like Canaveral.

Ayla

When the one seeking to impose the consequence is the government, that is exactly what it is!
It is horrifying that Americans don't know what the First Amendment actually is and why it was written.

I edited my post to change people to Americans. I don't expect non-Americans to know, though I do expect them not to act like they know when they have no clue. 😂

Last edited:

SirLink

You are completely wrong when it comes to US law. In the US, political speech (which is what this was) is sacrosanct. You cannot be punished by the government for saying something about a law or proposed law. Slander and Libel don't apply for legislation or even against politicians unless you make up something completely unfounded (x is a pedophile,.when in actuality they are not). Political speech is sacrosanct in the US.

No, you can personally attack the government and be free of the consequences. That's what free speech is in the US.
So if a private individual at a private company makes up a lie about a lawmaker to further pursue a false narrative against legislation.

Can that law maker not take the private company to court? If no that seems like a failed system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom