News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Lilofan

I just saw an article with DeSantis saying he’s never going to back down, eliciting a response by a GOP strategist that DeSantis needs to run against Donald Trump, not Donald Duck.
He's from the military. I would not one to run away and hide from a fight even though I don't always agree with him. I do agree that his wedding at the wedding pavilion at Grand Floridian is a beautiful place to get married.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I posted earlier on this thread (here and here and here) that with Judge Walker assigned to this case, Disney's chances of winning with Judge Walker are roughly 100%. Those who are familiar with the Judge Walker's previous rulings know exactly how he will rule on this case, the same way those who are familiar with Associate Justice Thomas' rulings are able to predict the outcome of his rulings.

In the past, Judge Walker has been openly hostile towards DeSantis to the point where some of Judge Walker's rulings against DeSantis have been overruled on appeal.

This does not mean the motion will be successful. But it does help establish grounds for appeal.
The appeal was coming either way. I think it’s a Hail Mary hoping to get rid of the judge but more importantly sets up the PR talking points.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So? Nothing illegal or unethical about that.

Also, for what it's worth, I do think that Judge Walker is biased, but don't know enough about his personal or professional character to know if he could oversee an impartial proceeding, notwithstanding his biases.

Of course he is. There's no such thing as an unbiased human being. The question for a judge is whether they can be impartial when it comes to proceedings. Personal philosophical views / political disposition don't count as bias when it comes to judges.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Alrighty, new pacer filings in Disney v DeSantis.

Motion to disqualify the judge (IMO this is going nowhere), and 4 motions of appearance from CFTOD members, letting the court know to send correspondence, etc to the attorney specified.

Attachments

• app1.pdf
    105.7 KB · Views: 700
  • app2.pdf
    158.6 KB · Views: 76
  • app3.pdf
    158.4 KB · Views: 70
  • app4.pdf
    129.5 KB · Views: 657
  • motion-to-disqualify.pdf
    255.9 KB · Views: 134

seascape

Alrighty, new pacer filings in Disney v DeSantis.

Motion to disqualify the judge (IMO this is going nowhere), and 4 motions of appearance from CFTOD members, letting the court know to send correspondence, etc to the attorney specified.
The facts are the facts and DeSantis and the Republican Legislature are punishing Disney for Disney's speech. The motion to dismiss the Judge admits that by saying rather than abolish the RCID they put it under the control of a handpicked Board. The Govenor cant have it both ways, if abolishing it was okay and not a punishment, then keeping it but changing it to a Board appointed by the Govenor clearly is retaliation. As I have said many times the first bill may have survived but the second, February 9, 2023 wont. Plus based on other US Supreme Court Rulings the Court can keep part of a bill legal and only eliminate the unconstitutional part. In other words, the US Federal Court could rule the portion of the bill dealing with the CFTOD wad unconstitutional but the portion repealing the fist bill stands. Thus, the original RCID is returned to power and the first bill is repealed as the Legislature voted.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom