News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Firefighters always hate whatever political body is in charge of their budget and pay. Give them time and they'll hate the new one too.
The only purpose of this board is to punish Disney so anything that costs more money means more taxes paid by Disney as a punishment. This is why the Disney Springs vendors all showed up to remind them it’s more than Disney paying those taxes. As long as this board is in charge the EMS budget should stay healthy. It’s possible they force other non-monetary changes like eliminating equity, diversity and inclusion in the department which at least some members would probably disagree with.

I just hope if Disney wins the case and the new board is gone they at least honor the pay raises and keep any new hires. Maybe the fire department can be the only other winner in this besides the lawyers. 👍👍👍

Rteetz

Ok what really gets me is Garcia going on about making the district better for surrounding communities and tax payers…. Why is that the district’s responsibility?
It’s not but Disney has always at least seemingly presented as a good neighbor. They likely won’t stop that either. The board to me likes to present that they have all this power to do all these things that seem great but they really can’t do even half of it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is there a precedent for this? Can he actually do anything?
Not likely.

Their justification is Disney pays taxes to the district based off of the assessments by the county so if the assessment is higher the district gets higher taxes. Of course it was setup this way to save money and time not having independent assessments but also because Disney controlled the district so the counties were a less biased appraiser. These guys are acting as if they run a general government not a special tax district.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom