News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I can't imagine him vetoing that. The last two pay raises have been under his watch.

I would hope not. Can't remember the last time a pay raise was 5%. Nice to see that big surplus in tax receipts he brags about being shared with the people doing the business of the state.

JohnD

I would hope not. Can't remember the last time a pay raise was 5%. Nice to see that big surplus in tax receipts he brags about being shared with the people doing the business of the state.
We had a 5.38% increase last year. Why that odd number? I have no idea. I'll take it.

carolina_yankee

Yeah so if RCID signed a contract with a vendor Dec 2022 to pave roads or build an overpass and that vendor is halfway through the project their contract is now essentially unenforceable. So the district can just walk away and not pay them if it choose not to readopt. If an energy provider signed a contract in December with RCID that is also “void“ now unless they readopt it. If electricity prices have dropped since Dec (which they have following the big drop in the price of natural gas) they can get out of a contract and reset to current market. Florida - where free markets go to die 😩
I've been reading rather than commenting, but this makes me wonder - could a vendor who signed a contract essentially walk away? This is one sided - the special district doesn't have to honor the contract, but the vendor does. I.E., if conditions that make the contract less appealing to the vendor, could the vendor say "thanks, but no thanks" if the district says "sorry, we don't recognize it, we have to renegotiate?"

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've been reading rather than commenting, but this makes me wonder - could a vendor who signed a contract essentially walk away? This is one sided - the special district doesn't have to honor the contract, but the vendor does. I.E., if conditions that make the contract less appealing to the vendor, could the vendor say "thanks, but no thanks" if the district says "sorry, we don't recognize it, we have to renegotiate?"
Yes, but the district has the authority to just readopt the contract as long as it’s done in 4 months and then the vendor remains on the hook. This is what makes this very much illegal. If the district has a favorable contract they readopt if it’s unfavorable they don’t. No way that should be allowed to stand. I get the desperate attempt to beat Disney at all costs but this is setting a dangerous precedent.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes, but the district has the authority to just readopt the contract as long as it’s done in 4 months and then the vendor remains on the hook. This is what makes this very much illegal. If the district has a favorable contract they readopt if it’s unfavorable they don’t. No way that should be allowed to stand. I get the desperate attempt to beat Disney at all costs but this is setting a dangerous precedent.

Precisely. Turning the whole structure of contract law on its head to "get Disney" is a dangerous precedent.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Which is why I think this law won't stand. You cannot allow one party to a contract just ignore the contract and in essence "walk away" and not give the other party protections when this happens.

JohnD

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom