News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

lewisc

Didn't this all escalate when Chapek (eventually) spoke out against the bill? There was no intention to go after Reedy Creek before that, right?

So then isn't this the issue that they view voicing a differing opinion as "picking a fight"?
Didn't it further escalate when Disney stopped campaign contributions in FL?

JAB

I was interested to see whether they'd be content to leave the CFTOB in place and simply sue to have the land development agreement upheld, or if they'd go all the way and say that want RCID reinstated. They went nuclear.
Yeah. I was wondering the same thing, so I was curious to look through Disney's filing, and it was interesting that they actually went "nuclear" as you put it, claiming two 1A violations in addition to the contracts clause violations, and asking that they invalidate HB9B and restore RCID. :oops:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Looney Tunes Eating GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

esskay

From the filing document:

Disney plans to invest over $17 billion in Walt Disney World over the next decade. The Company estimates that those investments will create 13,000 new Disney jobs in that same 10-year time period.

I do wonder what they were planning. I know the RCID plan had outlined space for 1 major park and (i think) 3 minor ones. I wonder if they genuinely are/were considering another major park given the number of jobs mentioned here (and before that debate starts, we've got a whole thread debating if that should happen or not - thats a conversation for over there).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom