News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Surferboy567

We have another response:

Edit: tagging in @lazyboy97o to get their take on it.

They need to start taking actions. If he gets what he wants they can cause irreparable damage to Disney.

tissandtully

I am 100% certain Disney thinks some of the softening demand is due to politics.

I strongly believe there's internal research that says Disney is losing customers in two segments:
  • Young families, because of cost
  • "Over 50's", because of politics
Yeah but how many are attracted to the brand because they stand up for what is right? You are gonna lose the boomers either way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah but how many are attracted to the brand because they stand up for what is right? You are gonna lose the boomers either way.
…about that…

You don’t have to worry about it cause they’re DYING in droves.
Disney knows that because of their research. It’s not coincidence they’re pivoting. Father Time and Mother Nature are undefeated.

…carry on.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If I'm reading the Florida Statues correctly, any additional toll revenue imposed on RCID/CFTOD roads would:
  • First go to maintaining those roads
  • Then to the county they're in
Am I reading this right? Because that sounds like it shifts the cost of maintaining the roads to taxpayers from Disney.

The shift would be to users of the roads, not just taxpayers. But other than that, correct.

Prince-1

I know but he got married there so clearly his wife or his in laws are big Disney nerds. Just seems very weird.

Not really. Ronnie has his eyes on the WH and he is trying to win big points with his base in Florida as well as Repubs across the country and as soon as Disney made a comment against the Don’t Say Gay bill he knew he had a target he could rally against.

Chip Chipperson

So you really believe that Disney’s layoffs are the result of DeSantis’s actions or the takeover of the RCID board? I mean there’s absolutely no correlation to the 2 at all. I guess people really will believe whatever they want.

Not to mention the fact that the 7,000 layoffs are company-wide while the 13,000 projected jobs are WDW-specific.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Unless the legislature changes the law for him, looks like DeSantis has to resign if he wants to run for President:

Let me clarify the Resign to Run law. If not changed by the Legislature during THIS current session, the governor will have to submit his resignation from his current office at least 10 days prior to when qualifying opens for the office he seeks. That resignation takes effect on the earliest of either the day he takes office or his successor takes office. It's not an immediate resignation and out of office situation.

Chi84

Premium Member
It's a beautiful day out. Go enjoy it, rather than argue with people you don't know whose mind you're never going to change.
Why are you posting here? For the most part, people are having an informative and interesting discussion with facts and supporting documents. I've had to read quite a bit about RCID just to be able to competently discuss it. Not that it's essential, but there are a number of lawyers and others who are familiar with the district participating here. Why try to shut down discussion, then run away when someone tries to discuss with you? Not one of your posts has added a single thing of substance; just complaints that it exists and insults against the posters.

mightynine

I am 100% certain Disney thinks some of the softening demand is due to politics.

I strongly believe there's internal research that says Disney is losing customers in two segments:
  • Young families, because of cost
  • "Over 50's", because of politics
If that were true, which group is bigger, I wonder?
And while I'm not going to rule out politics for the over 50s, how many of them are balking at the cost too?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is there any doubt the legislator will pass such a law, as soon as DeSantis gives the thumbs up?

He'd better do it soon. Qualifying for federal office for 2024 begins shortly after the 2024 Legislative session begins.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Let me clarify the Resign to Run law. If not changed by the Legislature during THIS current session, the governor will have to submit his resignation from his current office at least 10 days prior to when qualifying opens for the office he seeks. That resignation takes effect on the earliest of either the day he takes office or his successor takes office. It's not an immediate resignation and out of office situation.
What does that mean? He wouldn't have to resign unless he won the presidency?

Surferboy567

I know this is a small issue in the grand scheme of things and is slightly unconnected. Can the state prevent Disney from holding runDisney events? As the races require roads to be closed.

Disstevefan1

But RonnyBaby will simply have the law changed, just like he dissolved RCID, right?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He’s already quietly filed legislation to do away with that.

…that was a given

When a wannabe despot shows you what he is - believe him

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know this is a small issue in the grand scheme of things and is slightly unconnected. Can the state prevent Disney from holding runDisney events? As the races require roads to be closed.
Good question…but that’s seems like a battle not worth fighting

But then again…going after your states biggest income tax generator when you have a dogPoop property tax base is beyond the worst idea ever.
And here we are anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom