News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Chi84

Premium Member
It is his interpretation. Who made you in charge if it is reasonable or not? He agreed you have a difference of opinion. Not taking a side here, and I know your experience, but he is entitled to think what he wants. There are no hard cold facts in this exchange, because none of us know what happened behind the scenes. He took one take from Ronnie's statement and you took another.
I’m looking at it from the standpoint if how it would hold up as legal proof, since we are ultimately talking about settlement negotiations and court cases. Reasonableness is an objective standard; I didn’t mean to imply that he wasn’t entitled to believe whatever he wants. That’s always the case.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
lobby the Florida government to reinstate RCID after DeSantis leaves.
or an amendment to how the new board is selected.

But given that the word is that they’ve quietly restarted political contributions in Florida, I’d say that they’ll get their own way for a while.

RamblinWreck

or an amendment to how the new board is selected.

But given that the word is that they’ve quietly restarted political contributions in Florida, I’d say that they’ll get their own way for a while.
Wouldn’t an amendment to how the board is selected effectively be the same thing?

RCID was never dismantled, just renamed.

Dcgc28

Wouldn’t an amendment to how the board is selected effectively be the same thing?

RCID was never dismantled, just renamed.
Not necessarily. If they just allowed Disney to have some say instead of no say or all the say it wouldn’t be the same as RCID and it would be different than the current arrangement.

Edit much later to add, I don't think it's a necessary change if Florida is just fair with who they pick.

Last edited:

mkt

Premium Member
So does this really boil down to:

- abort the state lawsuits
- adjust the development agreement to Disney's liking and the federal lawsuit stops

Just got home from easter brunch, and there were people there who know what's up (it felt like a bus driver's convention... or some sort of attorney's convention. Or something in the middle?)

Anyway, this is pretty much it.

Disney gets what they want and DeSantis saves face in exchange for settling the state lawsuits. Federal lawsuits drop after the agreement is signed, Disney retains the right to restart the appeal if this or a future board decides to play games.

JD80

Just got home from easter brunch, and there were people there who know what's up (it felt like a bus driver's convention... or some sort of attorney's convention. Or something in the middle?)

Anyway, this is pretty much it.

Disney gets what they want and DeSantis saves face in exchange for settling the state lawsuits. Federal lawsuits drop after the agreement is signed, Disney retains the right to restart the appeal if this or a future board decides to play games.

Appreciate your posts in this thread this whole time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Except their ability to appeal is not open ended. So this is not some forever Get out of Jail card. This is a temporary cease fire until the next milestone is either successful or not.

And this is not 'Disney gets what they want' - it seems a tactical retreat at best. We won't know until we see what cards DeSantis is willing to play with in their new agreement. We could end up with the 38th parallel here... or we could get a cozy deal... we won't know until the backroom dealings come out in the board meetings.

mkt

Premium Member
Except their ability to appeal is not open ended. So this is not some forever Get out of Jail card. This is a temporary cease fire until the next milestone is either successful or not.

And this is not 'Disney gets what they want' - it seems a tactical retreat at best. We won't know until we see what cards DeSantis is willing to play with in their new agreement. We could end up with the 38th parallel here... or we could get a cozy deal... we won't know until the backroom dealings come out in the board meetings.

Obviously I can’t doxx anyone, but the people I chatted with generally seemed pleased with the result, and given that they’re on Disney’s side (with gold footballs and company cars), I’d say that Disney will functionally get what they want.

lazyboy97o

Obviously I can’t doxx anyone, but the people I chatted with generally seemed pleased with the result, and given that they’re on Disney’s side (with gold footballs and company cars), I’d say that Disney will functionally get what they want.
Disney gets what they want because they are showing their willingness to comply in the future.

lazyboy97o

Comply with what?
Anything. The whole point is to just show obedience so as not to remain a target. This was never about legitimate issues of policy and it won’t be in the future either.

They're not willing to comply, they've openly said they will drop the federal case if a fair agreement isn't/wasn't reached. That's the exact opposite of complying lol
The federal suit does absolutely squat if they don’t get a new agreement. The district is now free to implement changes to the development regulations and Disney must comply.

EPCOT-O.G.

Anything. The whole point is to just show obedience so as not to remain a target. This was never about legitimate issues of policy and it won’t be in the future either.

The federal suit does absolutely squat if they don’t get a new agreement. The district is now free to implement changes to the development regulations and Disney must comply.
The CFTOD also passed a number of different ordinances and rule changes. Nothing suggests those will be revisited or walked back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom