News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

drnilescrane

watching this from the start... OMG I don't think I can stomach this anymore. The length they obviously are going to seed "public comment" with shills with coordinated talking points is sickening. To preach "transparency" and then to have people act in a coordinated way and pretend not to be is disgusting. I struggle to even sit through this.
It's just the way the game is played. I've wasted hours of my life listening to every single dues paying member of the SEIU address the LA County Board of Supervisors with the same prepared statement. All for a 15 second hit on the local news.

Doesn't change reality.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
watching this from the start... OMG I don't think I can stomach this anymore. The length they obviously are going to seed "public comment" with shills with coordinated talking points is sickening. To preach "transparency" and then to have people act in a coordinated way and pretend not to be is disgusting. I struggle to even sit through this.
Agreed, it is really hard to sit through. This guy now spending 15 minutes going on about the credentials of the report authors. Its ridiculous.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Agreed, it is really hard to sit through. This guy now spending 15 minutes going on about the credentials of the report authors. Its ridiculous.
I'm still struggling to find time to go through and make all my notes on the report.. let alone the exhibits. So much to cut through... but given the wording of the summary I can imagine what today's brief will sound like.

This narrative that the district needs to solve regional housing, community services, and transportion needs is utterly rediculous. It's a special district with a well defined purpose - not a general purpose county government trying to be the savior of central florida.

I can't wait until the district starts trying to seize land and create all kinds of other insane 'partnerships' to build their housing agenda.

Brian

I don't mean to be rude, but there's no requirement that anyone has to watch this meeting. You can't watch a group of partisans conduct a public meeting then be shocked and disappointed when they act like partisans.

Ultimately, this has zero impact on any of our lives. Disney will continue to exist in Florida no matter what these clowns do, and whether you watch or not, they will proceed with their plans. As at least one member has proven through their public comments at the meetings, the board does not care about what the public thinks.

In other words, spare yourself the frustration, especially when it comes to things that have no bearing on your life or the life of your family. I think everyone has sufficient information at this point to make an informed decision as to the only thing one can actually do to help rectify this situation - vote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom