News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GrumpyFan

Not sure if it’s been discussed, but has there been any mention of what happens to the former board members and the land they’ve leased? I don’t even recall reading anything about it in the new legislation that formed CFTOD. I would guess it will be a topic of discussion for them at some point.

MagicHappens1971

Not sure if it’s been discussed, but has there been any mention of what happens to the former board members and the land they’ve leased? I don’t even recall reading anything about it in the new legislation that formed CFTOD. I would guess it will be a topic of discussion for them at some point.
I’m sure the former board members and their land leases are between Disney and them. I don’t think the board would have any bearing on it

lazyboy97o

Those deals were between Disney and those individuals. The reconstitution legislation only has a bearing in that board members are no longer required to be landowners in the District. Given that Disney is trying to enjoin that legislation, it wouldn’t make sense to change anything at this time.

JKick95

I would love to know what CFTOD paid for that logo design. IF they wanted to build goodwill, they could have had a design contest for Florida college art and design programs and offered prizes. I'm confident they would have had a much better end product.
My biggest complaint about the new logo is how big the word “District” is. It’s like I’m in the Hunger Games waiting to see a number to see a number to follow. “Central Florida Tourism” would be the better choice to have as the focal point in my opinion.

Goofyernmost

Agreed as well. But given that I’m a creative director professionally, I’m gonna judge that as well.
I know it could have been better, but it isn't the design that offends me, in fact I see some esthetic value, it's what it is connected to that is massively offensive to me. If that same sign was connected to RCID it would not be dynamic but it would be pleasantly acceptable. I also spent many years in managing a print advertising graphic design department. Won't say it was the best ever, but I do have some experience in it as well.

In the world of disappointment that we currently reside, I hope that Disney doesn't cave and takes it to court as far as necessary. This is something worth fighting for. I could only watch a very brief moment of seeing the "new" board sitting there like they invented the wheel and like they have been doing this for years. It honestly gagged me and I do not have a weak stomach. That new sign to me represents dictatorial arrogance like the wanna be important people sitting in those chairs. However the sign is easily changed, the reason for it cannot without a fight.

To me Disney can and does many questionable and seemingly incompetent things. RCID was never one of those things. Couple that with the ignorance shown by the state government in thinking the RCID ever had any creative control of the ethical standards of the Walt Disney Company would be laughable if it wasn't so dangerous. Any company that would go to court to prevent a kindergarten from having a Mickey Mouse depiction on its wall, shouldn't be concerned about upsetting a misguided politician bent on controlling private property.

Last edited:

kong1802

It's all non-sense. If they stuck to simple limited government and kept the district to only doing what it really needs to be focusing on there is no need to have this sort of bloat. They can hold hearings and do committees when upcoming needs dictate such a need. There shouldn't be that kind of churn and movement that this is needed all the time.

It's just a way to try to spend other people's money and kiss butts along the way. Until the participants recognize they are just being used.

See firefighters....

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
That would be spec work, which is rarely viewed favorably by the design community.
I've never made a designer i'm interviewing do spec work.

In the actual design part of the interview, I ask a few design theory questions and a few technical questions - that's it.

If I hire them and later found out they lied to me, they get fired. Pretty straightforward.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How do you come up with a logo for an organization whose name is a big lie?

<graphic designer> "Oh, 'Central Florida!' Let me think about what images come to mind with that phrase, and let me check a map to see if there are any interesting geographic features to inclu...
Oh. It's just an area covering Walt Disney World and nowhere else in 'Central Florida.' What a crock..."

Disstevefan1

It's ironic that they use an orange tree for their logo as there are probably ZERO orange groves in the district.
1687449342265.png

It should be this:
1687450344672.png

Goofyernmost

How do you come up with a logo for an organization whose name is a big lie?

<graphic designer> "Oh, 'Central Florida!' Let me think about what images come to mind with that phrase, and let me check a map to see if there are any interesting geographic features to inclu...
Oh. It's just an area covering Walt Disney World and nowhere else in 'Central Florida.' What a crock..."
Well there are a lot of orange groves immediately to the northwest, west and southwest of WDW. But like you said, this group is not controlling any area beyond the Disney Property. It seem like this initiative to form some type of alliance with outside business is to influence the outside against Disney. Like it or not they owe their very livelihood to Disney it will be interesting to see what happens in that situation. Hopefully, it will all be over by then and things can get back to normal once more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom