News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is it to protect them through these legal issues?
I think it’s to protect the employees who may be willing to side with the new board in court. People may be unwilling to speak out because they don’t know how the court case will go. If they publicly side with the new board and Disney wins in court their jobs could be in jeopardy when the old board takes back over. Maybe this covers them. Although if Disney wins on all counts the actions of the current board, including this resolution, would be reversed so it wouldn’t matter.

Couldn’t this also be used against the new board? If a district employee becomes a whistle blower against their actions they would now be protected.

Disstevefan1

I do feel sorry for the RCID employees.

These folks had "municipal" jobs with sweet pensions and had sweet CM perks as well!

For sure the CM perks are gone now.

Having said that, Disney were lessening the CM perks to RCID employees before CFTOD took over.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I do feel sorry for the RCID employees.

These folks had "municipal" jobs with sweet pensions and had sweet CM perks as well!

For sure the CM perks are gone now.

Having said that, Disney were lessening the CM perks to RCID employees before CFTOD took over.
Did they take away CM perks? I hadn’t heard that but this thread moves fast. At least for EMS I would think the 35% pay increase is worth a lot more than the CM perks. 🤑🤑🤑🤑

Disstevefan1

Did they take away CM perks? I hadn’t heard that but this thread moves fast. At least for EMS I would think the 35% pay increase is worth a lot more than the CM perks. 🤑🤑🤑🤑
I can't speak for this moment in time. I am assuming Disney is not giving the perks since CFTOD took over.

It's funny, the yesterday, I ran across an old RCID envelope of a late family member who was employed by RCID (from 2016) STUFFED with coupons, guest passes, old main gate passes; 30, 40, 50 percent off dining, etc.

But yes, a 35% raise is obviously better.

Lilofan

I can't speak for this moment in time. I am assuming Disney is not giving the perks since CFTOD took over.

It's funny, the yesterday, I ran across an old RCID envelope of a late family member who was employed by RCID (from 2016) STUFFED with coupons, guest passes, old main gate passes; 30, 40, 50 percent off dining, etc.

But yes, a 35% raise is obviously better.
One thing a cast member did tell me it gets annoying at times when family, friends , neighbors , long lost friends suddenly find out one works at WDW
" Can you get me and my family in the park, and use your cast member discount for purchases ?" Etc etc

mmascari

Couldn’t this also be used against the new board? If a district employee becomes a whistle blower against their actions they would now be protected.

I don’t think it has anything to with protecting the Board. It’s something they can use against Disney as evidence of how corrupt and mismanaged the District was under its old charter. It’s “good governance” that was missing that they have now brought to the District.

Did I miss it, do we know what's in the policy? I just see that they're adopting a policy.

Without knowing what's in it, what's to say it's not written to discourage employees from being a whistle blower about actions the current board is taking?

Just because they are proposing a whistle blower policy doesn't mean it's a good policy or would benefit a whistle blower.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did I miss it, do we know what's in the policy? I just see that they're adopting a policy.

Without knowing what's in it, what's to say it's not written to discourage employees from being a whistle blower about actions the current board is taking?

Just because they are proposing a whistle blower policy doesn't mean it's a good policy or would benefit a whistle blower.
A valid point. In “the normal world” a whistleblower policy would only benefit a whistle blower. There is no such thing as an anti-whistleblower policy in “the normal world”. In that case you just don’t have a policy. This is not “the normal world”. This is the bizarro world where government entities are designed only to punish and curtail the taxpayers they represent so anything is possible. Florida already has a whistleblower protection act which covers public employees but maybe because it’s a special district they are exempt. Otherwise it’s pointless.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is an interesting resolution……

NOTICE OF MEETING
YOU WILL PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on June 21 st at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as practicable, the Board of Supervisors of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will meet in regular session at 1900 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida. At that time and in addition to other business on the agenda, the Board of Supervisors will conduct a reading and public hearing on and consider for adoption Resolution No. 644. A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT ADOPTING A WHISTLEBLOWER POLICY FOR DISTRICT EMPLOYEES. Interested parties may appear at the public meeting and hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolutions. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of Supervisors with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
This just fits with all the stuff they called out in the early meetings... basically chastising RCID for not having all the formalities in place they would expect to keep things enforcable and policies they would expect if you aren't just dealing with all friendlies.

Mark it up to their 'cleaning house and purging insider-only' campaign...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
One thing a cast member did tell me it gets annoying at times when family, friends , neighbors , long lost friends suddenly find out one works at WDW
" Can you get me and my family in the park, and use your cast member discount for purchases ?" Etc etc
I hated that.

And now that I work for a major business partner and attractions sponsor who gets deeply discounted tickets, I still hate it.

"Hey, we're going to Florida, can we use your discount to buy tickets? We'll venmo you"

No dude.

The Mom

Premium Member
30 years ago, Florida was a blue state. I remember.
So do I.
National networks would show Presidential race results as the Republican states blue, and the Democrat states red, with most switching the colors back and forth each election up until 2000.

So an election result map of the states in 1976 showed most red (Carter) and in 1980 most blue (Reagan)

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom