Reduced Benefits

Dave B

Just talking pre-covid, I felt like the art show alone paid for my annual pass. When I go to nyc and see several broadway shows, I pay the equivalent of an AP or more. At the art show over the course of a week I saw 4 different shows a total of 15 or so performances.

Now will i feel that way on future trips? Time will tell.
Well PRE-Covid is like comparing apples to oranges, I thought you were talking about your upcoming trip and there is NO VALUE for what you are paying to go to the parks now, maybe a month or two ago for the empty parks, if it was worth the risk, but going today or the rest of the year and the prices they are charging and the lack of entertainment and venues open, makes no sense to me

TrainsOfDisney

Well PRE-Covid is like comparing apples to oranges, I thought you were talking about your upcoming trip and there is NO VALUE for what you are paying to go to the parks now, maybe a month or two ago for the empty parks, if it was worth the risk, but going today or the rest of the year and the prices they are charging and the lack of entertainment and venues open, makes no sense to me
I havenā€™t been so I canā€™t say for sure. I can only speak from my last visit. When was your last visit?

Dave B

I havenā€™t been so I canā€™t say for sure. I can only speak from my last visit. When was your last visit?
Sept last year, we wont be going until the return to more normal operations, with FP, Park Hopping, Fireworks, Character meet and greets, all restaurants open, etc, hopefully it can happen before 2022, we will see, we might think of going if they start discounting prices, but if not, we will wait

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Sept last year, we wont be going until the return to more normal operations, with FP, Park Hopping, Fireworks, Character meet and greets, all restaurants open, etc, hopefully it can happen before 2022, we will see, we might think of going if they start discounting prices, buit if not, we will wait

Value is very much individual so please stop comparing your apples to someone else's oranges.
Personally I'd go right now even with the things that are currently unavailable if it were not for mandatory quarantine and living with my senior parents.
You don't want to go until its "normal" again? Ok but stop judging.

eliza61nyc

So here's the thing every one has a different "value" barometer.
I know two families that have gone and loved in. My girlfriend simply said it was worth the price just to de-stress for 5 days. She doesn't do fireworks but she said she did miss the shows. Anyhoo they are going back in January.
I too cancelled my trip but I'll be back in August whether or not they are back to normal.

TrainsOfDisney

Sept last year, we wont be going until the return to more normal operations, with FP, Park Hopping, Fireworks, Character meet and greets, all restaurants open, etc, hopefully it can happen before 2022, we will see, we might think of going if they start discounting prices, buit if not, we will wait
Park hopping and fireworks are certainly on my radar. I donā€™t really like the reservation idea either since I like to choose parks based on the weather that day.

JIMINYCR

May I ask, what VALUE Disney is giving you at the prices they are charging?
As so many people continue to point out... Value differs for each person. I dont watch parades, or stand in lines for M&G's. I may or may not do a special event when I go... so missing out on them now isnt a deal breaker. I'm staying at a deluxe resort, getting enough hours in the parks I choose, time to do the attractions multiple times where I want, I'm enjoying the atmosphere, the music, the snacks, the dining I choose, getting the relaxation away from my business in a place I love. So yes... for me theres enough value for what I'm taking way in the two weeks I'm paying for. Certainly more value than some of the other things I've done in a partial day or evening event which is just as expensive. Its my money that Ive worked for, to spend as I wish and I dont mind passing it along to Disney even still. I dont see the value in boats, camps, or RV's but others do... I dont grieve them for their spending. Whatever makes them happy.
Certainly you dont find the value or enough value in Disney ... so dont go.

pocketlint

i am an hour away from wdw by drive.
thinking about going back fr a few days even after i cancelled my ap.
the flex ticket is a good fla res value.
i enjoy just walking to DS in the morning for a coffee and sit by the lake and start my day deciding what to do

i find value in that even if i have no plans:cool:

Paper straw fan

Iā€™ve been questioning the value of my AP and our yearly visits this past year, even before Covid. It is definitely something I plan on continuing to question when (if?) the current situation is behind us

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Park hopping was the only thing we really missed last month. We've always hopped to Epcot in the evening during F&W.

Park hopping and Fastpass are what I would feel like I was missing out on right now (I go on short trips and like to hit my favorites which usually means park hopping and utilizing FP+ to its fullest potential) but I'd still go and still have a great time and still see the value in going even during this time.

NelleBelle

I'm going to miss park hopping (šŸ¤žšŸ»a waterpark will be open when we go next May and that it won't count as a park reservation; if so, we won't add that to our ticket). It would be nice if park hopping would be back by next May but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

NickMaio

i am an hour away from wdw by drive.
thinking about going back fr a few days even after i cancelled my ap.
the flex ticket is a good fla res value.
i enjoy just walking to DS in the morning for a coffee and sit by the lake and start my day deciding what to do

i find value in that even if i have no plans:cool:
Living the dream.......
We wish we could do that. Our drive is 24 hours plus.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Disney is like the government once a tax or fee is put into place it is never removed. I don't see the resort parking fee ever being removed, in fact Disney raised it shortly after they started it. Once a vaccine is available to the masses you will see Disney attendance skyrocket and and Disney will once again be on the ever price increase/reduced benefits plan.
Id like to believe the Vaccine would cure all the woes of WDW. Me eyes wide open it is going to take much longer for businesses to recover and also rehire the millions of
People who lost jobs, took pay cuts and some running up lots of debt. This is where high end travel may take much longer to rebound for so many here in the US and over
The pond and South American countries. I just donā€™t believed the businesses will rebound That fast with just the vaccine.

Add in the uncertainty of the vaccine itself. They are estimating 40% of vaccinated will be protected which is inline with the flu shot. Plus how long will it protect you and will the virus mutate like The flu does.

Me I do not believe this virus is going to just disappear. Just a gut cause it hasnā€™t been around long enough or studied in the US for any qualifed medical researcher to make ludicrous claims and be respected and trusted.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Disney is like the government once a tax or fee is put into place it is never removed. I don't see the resort parking fee ever being removed, in fact Disney raised it shortly after they started it. Once a vaccine is available to the masses you will see Disney attendance skyrocket and and Disney will once again be on the ever price increase/reduced benefits plan.
Disney is all Media, they pretty much are the Government šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

HollyAD

It may seem fruitless.....but to all those posting issues with the current WDW management changes.......please voice these to WDW.
Over time changes sometimes do happen. Also WDW keeps record of every customer that voices a concern that they will not be returning. You might think that they font care, on a level they do. So please contact Disney and share your exact sentiments.
We have. Sometime we have even been given free park tickets for our issues, yes free park tickets for our entire party.
I know that there were many people who complained about resort parking when it started. However, this never changed. I wish that I felt like a complaint to Disney would be taken seriously but I don't believe that it does. I had a couple issues while at the parks over the years but never got much response.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I know that there were many people who complained about resort parking when it started. However, this never changed. I wish that I felt like a complaint to Disney would be taken seriously but I don't believe that it does. I had a couple issues while at the parks over the years but never got much response.

What actions did you take so that Disney may assist you?
I've had a few issues over the years and have gotten great response when I voiced my displeasure in a calm and collected way.

In 2011 we had several issues at CSR (they lost our luggage, buses weren't coming, payment was not linked, ticket media was not linked etc). These issues cost us quite a bit of time to fix. One member of each room went to the front desk and asked to file a complaint. We were given one gift card per room with the amount of one night stay on them.

In 2018 FEA was down during the dessert party. It was and still is not expressed anywhere that the ride may be down and an alternate experience would be given. The alternate experience was to ride is the next day. We were leaving early in the morning the next day so we went to guest services and filed a complaint. We were given a refund of half of the event cost and a FP+ for FEA for our next visit.

In both cases we were calm and explained our issue not demanding anything and Disney gave us what they deemed proper.

Also petitions do not always fall on deaf ears. Back in the early 2000's COP was on the chopping block and closed while we were there. We were encouraged by CM's to file a complaint and sign a petition to keep it open.
Its 2020 and COP is still around.

Oh and you know the wall outside of the bathroom attached to the Christmas store at DS? Wait its not there anymore. That's because I fell over the top of it cutting my chin and needing stitches.
I realize it was my own fault for not looking but its clear to me that others have also injured themselves because of it and Disney recognized it was a hazard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom