Reduced Benefits

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
OP did sneak All Star Music in there as well.
But yeah when I went with multiple households a few years ago we had 14 people and we rented a house in the Davenport/Clermont area and split it and it was a fraction of the cost of staying at a Disney resort.
I prefer staying onsite but for this trip it was easier.
And staying offsite would also justify renting cars (although then your paying daily fees for park parking).
Yea best thing to do is to just stay offsite at a fee free resort.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That’s not bad if you’re saving $100-$300 per night on the room.

if you’re REALLY concerned, head to Disney Springs and take a bus to a resort and then the parks. We did that our last trip.

Or, if you in the closer 2-3 resorts... walk to Saratoga Springs bus stop to get in the bubble. On the way home, take the bus to DS and walk to hotel.

bigrigross

As much fun it is to stay at Disney, we have a 11 person family trip every other year. For late 2021 we decided on an Air Bnb. 2600 sqft house 10 minutes from disney springs for 1900 dollars for 2 weeks made it an instant book. If you have someone in each car with a annual pass. Makes parking free. Although we will see if Disney keeps this reservation system in place by then.

LucyintheSky

My family of 13 did a WDW trip that happened the first week of March this year (literally right before everything shut down). There's no way we could have done it staying at a Disney resort, or even a regular hotel. We rented this enormous house that was amazing. Plenty of room for everyone, a big pool, splash area for the kids, and even a movie room, and about 10 minutes drive to WDW. We rented two vans to fit everyone. Myself and husband and son has APs (we lived in Fl at the time, rest of the family is out of state), so we made sure one of us was in each van to use for the parking fees. Yeah, it's not the same as staying on property, but if you really want to go to WDW, there are ways to save money.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm definitely part of the problem. I keep going, keep complaining, and keep going. I drop $5k per trip and feed into all of the corruption. Yet, I still complain. I am American capitalism masquerading as woke.*

*Paid for by citizens for a better WDW who don't put their money where their mouth is.

At least you admit it. And that's the first step.
Personally I keep my complaints to a minimum because Disney is not a right its a privilege and they are a company trying to make money. They are going to change and evolve and if it becomes and unenjoyable place to spend one's hard earned money then they should move on.

Parker in NYC

Personally I keep my complaints to a minimum because Disney is not a right its a privilege and they are a company trying to make money. They are going to change and evolve and if it becomes and unenjoyable place to spend one's hard earned money then they should move on.

The first step? Girl, I admitted this years ago.

RoadiJeff

Another thing... Some offsite hotels have free shuttle service to the parks.

Honestly, you just gotta research and plan.

I stayed at an offsite Holiday Inn near Disney Springs for 4 days last week. For $77/night it was an excellent deal and the conditions were a lot better than what I expected for the price. Free rental car parking at the hotel and they offered a free shuttle to the parks, although I drove and paid the $25/day.

Overall, I thought it was a much better value than the $500 or more per night that I usually pay at a Disney hotel. It was a solo mini Disney vacation and I probably would have been content staying at a Motel 6. Including First Class round-trip airfare on Delta from St. Louis, two days at the parks, all food, rental car, hotel and miscellaneous my total cost was under $1,000. Prices right now are crazy low and I didn't want to miss the boat. Yes, I took the ferry across the lake to Magic Kingdom. That lake is 16 ft deep and if the boat sinks you can get on the roof of it and you won't get your feet wet, according to a Disney deckhand. :)

JIMINYCR

I'm definitely part of the problem. I keep going, keep complaining, and keep going. I drop $5k per trip and feed into all of the corruption. Yet, I still complain. I am American capitalism masquerading as woke.*

*Paid for by citizens for a better WDW who don't put their money where their mouth is.

I keep going. There are some changes I do complain about that have changed over time which impacts my trip enjoyment but pricing isnt one of those things because everything has gone up in price. Disney in my opinion is still giving me more value for my dollar in experiences, entertainment and service than any other place I go. ( I'm still seeing enough value even without M&G, fireworks, dinner shows... but limited hours are another thing.) That includes concerts, sporting events, theaters, shows and other events. I'm not expecting any company to hold their prices to 20 years ago pricing standards or give out lifetime free soda refills. Its ludicrous to expect that and anyone complaining at this point should just give up on going back. Life goes on, prices go up but so has income levels. If you cant manage to save for a trip you want then realize it wont happen until you budget, save and sacrifice some other costly habits to afford it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

So it was YOU 😡
Ok...I’m more of a Keynes kinda guy if we’re gonna do theory...

NickMaio

It may seem fruitless.....but to all those posting issues with the current WDW management changes.......please voice these to WDW.
Over time changes sometimes do happen. Also WDW keeps record of every customer that voices a concern that they will not be returning. You might think that they font care, on a level they do. So please contact Disney and share your exact sentiments.
We have. Sometime we have even been given free park tickets for our issues, yes free park tickets for our entire party.

TrainsOfDisney

Or, if you in the closer 2-3 resorts... walk to Saratoga Springs bus stop to get in the bubble. On the way home, take the bus to DS and walk to hotel.
This is what I do when staying at the Wyndham, Hilton, or Holiday Inn. It’s actually a very different vacation because I’ll have coffee and a light breakfast at the springs and take my time at whatever resort I choose to transfer at.

Dave B

I keep going. There are some changes I do complain about that have changed over time which impacts my trip enjoyment but pricing isnt one of those things because everything has gone up in price. Disney in my opinion is still giving me more value for my dollar in experiences, entertainment and service than any other place I go. ( I'm still seeing enough value even without M&G, fireworks, dinner shows... but limited hours are another thing.) That includes concerts, sporting events, theaters, shows and other events. I'm not expecting any company to hold their prices to 20 years ago pricing standards or give out lifetime free soda refills. Its ludicrous to expect that and anyone complaining at this point should just give up on going back. Life goes on, prices go up but so has income levels. If you cant manage to save for a trip you want then realize it wont happen until you budget, save and sacrifice some other costly habits to afford it.
May I ask, what VALUE Disney is giving you at the prices they are charging?

TrainsOfDisney

May I ask, what VALUE Disney is giving you at the prices they are charging?
Just talking pre-covid, I felt like the art show alone paid for my annual pass. When I go to nyc and see several broadway shows, I pay the equivalent of an AP or more. At the art show over the course of a week I saw 4 different shows a total of 15 or so performances.

Now will i feel that way on future trips? Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom