red sidewalks

epcot71

Original Poster
anyone know how often they repaint the reddish sidewalks along main street?-being the florida sun beats down on it and all the feet that trample over it i bet it needs repainting alot-

bearboysnc

Originally posted by epcot71
anyone know how often they repaint the reddish sidewalks along main street?-being the florida sun beats down on it and all the feet that trample over it i bet it needs repainting alot-

I thought the pigment was mixed into the cement at the time of pouring. Are there painted sidewalks?

epcot71

Original Poster
really?wow i didnt realize that-i thought it was painted because i saw some pics about 10 years ago of an area between tommorow land and fantasy land where they werre painting the street area with a greenish paint-thanks for the info:)

blink148

movies

not sure about those sidewalks, but on our last trip, (2 weeks ago,) we saw a crew repainting some of the grounds at all star movies. one of the workers told us they paint it, then cover it with a sprinkling of rough quartz, and then re paint it to give it a textured look. or somethin like that, it was 2 am...:eek:

kaos

The cement in the theme parks is pigment colored when they pour it. The color does fade at times, and that is when they go and pour new slabs. The fountain area in Epcot is getting new concrete poured a section at a time.

The blacktop is asphalt, and it holds up pretty well. It is resealed once a week I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom